• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Eagle vote is on

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta (Endeavor) is parking 200's as staffing dictates. In the beginning, Endeavor was publishing the parking of 200's but seemed to have stopped. But the last I heard (crew room talk) is we are down to 78 or so CRJ 200's, down from 141. They have said over and over, Delta says we can fly as many 200's around as we can staff. But the issue is FO's leaving and now it seems they are worried about captains leaving given the 12 a month that will be going to Delta. That tells me we will have to park almost 1 crj 200 a month just to keep up with attrition unless they can attract new hires in our front door. Which has not been the case the last couple months. We should know the plan they have for hiring as there is a rumor of an announcement on 2 April. There are many rumors out there but many are expecting our management and Delta think so highly of themselves they will not change the situation enough to attract new hires. By the base visits I have seen, it seems our management thinks the sole fact of being a delta wholly owned regional is clout enough to attract new hires. It seems the pitiful pay, crappy working conditions, and the lack of a follow through on the promise of the SSP is lost to our management.
*our pay sucks-that is why FO's are leaving
*They stole from us in bankruptcy such things as a week of vacation, pay, etc etc while they can pay out 250 million to their real employees-that is why most people want to leave
*We are owned by Delta, but yet a Skywest employee can bump us on Non-Revs, a buddy pass of yesterdays Delta Rampy new hire can bump us, a retired Delta and their buddy can bump us…..Get it?
*I lost a week of my earned vacation so they can pay a Delta pilot $10 grand in bonus money this year?
*FO's have no stake in ever getting an interview at Delta because one must be a captain to get an interview-when we are actually downgrading more than upgrading because we are parking planes-that is why FO's are leaving.
*At one point the SSP (Streamlined Selection Process) interviews at Delta were like a 35% success rate. Some interview groups being as low as 0-25% success. When we voted on this, our union Chair told us "It will be a telephone interview, if you want a job at Delta, its yours to have.". That was one of the lies told to pass the bankruptcy contract. At the time, I read the language and compared it to what our union said. I did not get any response when I asked…..does it really say that Delta can change the rules at any time? The SSP is worth about as much as my old Flow to NWA/Delta I had at Mesaba Airlines. ALPA deals are not worth as much as the paper I used to wipe my a$$ with in an Army Latrine. Take the Flow deal I used to have….that is worth nothing to me, but at least my ass is clean from the ……you get the point.

my point being that any announcement to fix Endeavor must include pay and QOL improvements to FO's, real possibilities of upgrades for FO's which means hiring and new planes, and a Delta career progression that is better than the SSP and better than a flow. Otherwise Delta will lose the 10,000 seats Endeavor flies around because we are bleeding pilots so bad Delta will be begging for someone to handle their regional feed.

Wow! I would say they are effectively shutting down Endeavor. I guess my point to Eagle is if American wants to shut you down they will. Pay cuts or no pay cuts.

Let them shut the doors on all the regionals. Let the mainline executives figure out how to fill their crusty 767s until EK, EY, QR, and DY clean their collective clock.

Wow! I would say they are effectively shutting down Endeavor. I guess my point to Eagle is if American wants to shut you down they will. Pay cuts or no pay cuts.

No you fool. Endevour is shutting itself down. People are quitting, leaving or leaving the industry. Who the hell wants to work here?

Latest resources

Back