• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Eagle vote is on

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A pilot vote cannot influence mainline hiring, sour grapes.

all your base are belong to us

I read the letter that the vice chairman wrote concerning the facts. Interesting read and to me it lacks substance and true knowledge of the facts. Being an endeavor pilot I can tell the Eagle pilots a few things. First of all we do not have a flow. All Mesaba pilots (endeavor air is pinnacle, colgan and Mesaba combined) at one time had a flow. Events transpired (we r not sure how it happened, but many blame the MEC for being greedy with Delta) that cancelled that flow for all but a few who were lucky to be grandfathered into the flow. What endeavor (Bendover air) has is a preferred interview program. At one point the success rate was as low as 35% but now sits at 55%. The program is basically open to all captains and grants an interview in seniority order. Your vice chairs comments about endeavors flow and delta hiring to support his goal of a yes vote question everything he has said. Especially on who would take your flying from you. Who can attract the new pilots to even preserve anyone's current flying, that is the question we should be asking. The regionals who survive will be the ones who can attract the new pilots to replace the ones they are losing to the majors. Not the ones with the lowest pay, the ones with the lowest pay will be doing what endeavor is doing, parking planes to match staffing levels because they cannot hire enough people to replace leaving first officers and captains. We have had hundreds of first officers leave to other regionals that have a second year pay that is greater than our capped four year pay. I will also tell you all that we have 6-7 year FO 's on that four year scale with more downgrades planned because of...... You guessed it, the parking of planes.

Beware of the MEC who says we must take pay cuts to survive, they are in bed with management, alpa national who does not have your best interests in mind, and your parent company.

Latest resources

Back