The definition of a X-C?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATP X-C Time

This requirement must have changed since I got my ATP in 1989.

Thanks for the correction, Bluto.

my .02 into the pile...

The reason for the change from landing at two airports greater than 50 nm to the newer regulation of navigating to a point
50 NM from your original point of departure, was due in part to the gulf war. All of our pilots who flew sorties never landed, although they had several hundred miles between points. The FAA after pressure from other entities considered the ruling and made the now current adjustment. From a military point of view it sounds fair, these guys do regular sorties and could not log any of it towards thier ATP's. Now they can....

X-C requirements

Thanks, dondk. Interesting clarification. I remember flying long practices sorties in CAP of more than 50 nm from the airport. It was a pity that I couldn't count the time as cross-country because we didn't land.

KlingonLRDRVR,

I appreciate the advice on not changing what is in the logbook. However, it is interesting to note that after only the first 250 hours of converting to the computerized format, I am already 2 hours off!

At that rate, I should be 20 hours off by the time I am done!

The purpose behind converting over to the computerized format was that I was not happy with the quality of my own record keeping nor was I sure of its accuracy. In addition, I have been told that many airlines like to see computerized logbooks.

In any case, I am going to continue to check for errors and discrepancies as I go along and if I find that I did not log flight times properly (I.E. X-C Time that is not logged) I will go ahead and restate it for the purposes of accuracy).

Thanks,

throttlejockey

Latest resources

Back