• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recalled everyone and then furloughed again. Stay classy San Diego!!!!

Yeah, what would you do? Everything was fine until the union got on property. I know myself and many other CA pilots feel it was what did us in. They don't make companys money now do they?

i wonder how many millions those thieves in management are taking while all these pilots are out of work.

Yeah, a union tard acting like it was all management. Forget the fact a union came on the property and in less than a year, the company sinks? Typical union Lemming response.

So, a minority of the people in the company got their union and now we are all losing our jobs. THAT is classy.

Yeah, what would you do? Everything was fine until the union got on property. I know myself and many other CA pilots feel it was what did us in. They don't make companys money now do they?

Yeah, a union tard acting like it was all management. Forget the fact a union came on the property and in less than a year, the company sinks? Typical union Lemming response.

So, a minority of the people in the company got their union and now we are all losing our jobs. THAT is classy.

I think you accidently spelled union, instead of Textron. Without +cash flow why would they keep it running at a loss?

What i am trying to tell you in a joking manner is, companys that are profitable dont have much of a problems with unions. If you arent maknig money the union shops are an easy target to go after.

Really, other than Southwest, how have those 121 guys been doing? After 9-11 United was bailed out to the tune of 3.8 billion of our tax payer money. Yeah, management did it all.....lol. Now we have us (CA) and what about Netjets as well? Any REAL profits there. Wake up dude. I am not trying to be mean spirited but what has really changed with CA in the last 9 months? One thing, the union. They looked at the financials and saw the extra costs and bailed to save what little is left. That is not bad management, that is trying to stay alive. This job was not anywhere as bad as the union tards here and at our company where making out. I challenged them every chance I got, yet here we are....another failed union company.

Yes, it was the unions fault. Those are the facts. If I were BO, I would have done my best to identify those that voted for it and furloughed them first. They earned it.

Wow RCR5, you are a piece of work, aren't you............hey I get it, you don't like unions. I don't like eating seafood, but I don't go around PROCLAIMING the consumption of seafood causes AIDS. Why, because there are no facts that support that statement, EVEN if a person dies an AIDS-related death and their last meal was....................wait for it...................seafood!

I try to respect everyone's opinion, but you make it very hard to do that in this case. I would think that your average somewhat educated aviator who follows this ordeal probably comes to the conclusion that what did CA in is a combination of: great recession followed by stagnating economy, fear of another recession, low demand for their product, unsuccessful business model(due to economy), CHANGE in business model due to new vision by current management/owners, etc....................or heck, maybe I'm completely wrong and all it took was a union to come onboard and for management to say "OH NO YOU DIDN'T, WE GOTTA SHUT'ER DOWN NOW!"

BUT hey, since you know for a fact that the union DESTROYED your company, I assume you have some uber-developed part of the brain, maybe you can help out humanity with your supreme knowledge. Was there a second shooter on the grassy knoll that day? Surely this one should be easy for you (in your BLACK and WHITE world). Were there really any WMD's in Iraq? Was Hitler really that bad of a guy? Is there life on other planets?

Sorry to hear about the furloughs at CA, I really am. I wish everybody affected by this the best, even the somewhat mis-guided RCR5.

Emotional issue. A person has a right to feel however they want about it. No sense arguing.

I agree with you, unfortunately talking about the union is like talking about politics or religion, really hard to have an open minded, respectful conversation about.

Union talk, like religion and politics is basically " agree with me or screw yourself"

I bumped into a CA crew at VGT, and let me tell ya... Reading this stuff in FI is one thing, but talking to these guys and hearing the emotion in their voices... man, it just breaks my heart.

While I'm neither a Management pilot, nor even a Standards Captain for that matter, (just bustin' my hump out here in the trenches), I do feel like I've been here long enough (year 5) to offer to help anyone at CA in the form of a recommendation if they decide to apply here.

The hiring at Avantair has slowed a bit, but we are still doing some limited hiring. I gave the crew in VGT some of my business cards so that they can e-mail me resumes.

Again, our hiring seems to have slowed quite a bit, and I'll say up front that I don't have first-hand info on future hiring trends, but I really believe that former CA guys would get the first shot at any openings we have here. If you get one of my cards, e-mail me a resume. If not, PM me here and we'll figure something out.

Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, a union tard acting like it was all management.

I find it rather comical you calling me a "tard". From what i've read of your genius posts, it's amazing your brain can produce enough electricity to allow you to handle a little cessna.

Latest resources

Back