Thank you siedkick good comments about the SS agent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilomike

Thank you siedkick for putting up the incident report information. Seems like the media is only telling half of the story! I really wish that I'd had this information before responding to the earlier remarks. Avbug, good job as always.

I meant to put it in as a reply not a post but I do recommend reading his information about the SS agent before establishing an opinion. Information really helps!

Perhaps the most interesting thing about the various bits of information streaming in is that it portrays several people in positions of responsibility as being very human. Few, if any, of us have never lost our temper or responded to something at some time, in a way unbecoming ourselves.

While it's easy to lose perspective on the picture, or to take sides, I see several people involved in the incident who are more than likely equally responsible persons and professionals. These are people who were caught in a moment of dischord, who are likely all otherwise fine people to know and to work with. I see it as a snowballing situation that doubtless every character wishes had never occured.

Most important of all, just a bit of the human element showing through in all. Deep down inside, no matter what our vocation, we're common people doing a job. The USSS agent is a guy doing his job. The Captain is a guy, doing his job. Even the president is just a guy, doing a job. It's easy to lose sight of that, but peel back the uniforms and titles, and we're all really quite the same. Doubtless some of the subtleties and the behaviors are undesirable in this situation as in all situations. We all have certain levels of personal comfort, certain levels of insecurity, certain boundaries of pride, and even prejudice. Again, humanity is undeniable, and intrinsic. It's in us, and it shows.

The situation appears to have been resolved fairly smoothly and quickly, and hopefully the civil liberties folks and attorneys will just let it go. Time will tell.

I second the thanks to siedkick. Also thanks to PHX767 for his post and to the AVBUG for his usual well thought out, well written posts.
regards 8N

> The situation appears to have been resolved fairly smoothly and quickly, and hopefully the civil liberties folks and attorneys will just let it go. Time will tell.<

I'm not sure how you think it has been resolved, since as late as yesterday the SS agent's mouthpiece was making noise about a lawsuit against AA. While I agree that this has the stench of a he - man pizzing contest, I am amazed that the SS dude can't understand that he is always going to come in second place on a Captain's aircraft. I mean, if some outsider tried to tell the SS how things were going to be on POTUS' protection detail, they would be shut out immediately. The most likely outcome has the SS backing off, with some petty payback to be levied against AA in the future.

This agent either has a distorted view of how things work, or he is ignoring advice from above. Either way he is ultimately making things worse for himself and his agency. The SS doesn't want or need publicity.

Good post, Avbug. Sums it all up nicely.

Latest resources

Back