Thank you AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetjr

Almost two years ago I was terminated by AirTran for an unsat on a pc check. After the unsat I waited four weeks to get the requal training which was scheduled at the end of a nineteen hour duty day. By the end of that training period I had been awake for twentyfour hours. Upon receiving the training assignment, I asked that the period be rescheduled but the training department denied my requests. As a result of the unsats I was terminated with no consideration given to my fatigue during training.

As I cannot afford to fly for $15k per year, I have been unable to get a flying job since.
My training and job history was clean before AirTran.
All that I have said is documented.
As I know that there are AT LEAST two other pilots that were similarly treated.........
Thank You AirTran???? Not Exactly my feelings

Jet,

I am truly sorry for what happened to you. I know it looks bleak now, but the industry will eventually recover. When it does, I hope you find your way back into a cockpit.

Best of luck to you.

That sucks...

All I can say is this is why we need unions in the professional piloting business. Was Airtran union at the time? Did the union do anything for you?

I can completly believe that. It is a lot better now but at the time the union was run by a eastern scab and he also had a great deal of money in AirTran stock. This was the major reason I left awhile back.

You should have went home sick. I called in fatigued (17 hour duty day followed by reduced rest and then another 14 hour scheduled duty day) just before I left and was threatened by scheduling and I did my duty as a pilot and notified the ATL FSDO office. Let's just say the nazi wasn't real happy.

Sounds like a nice place to leave in the dust. Jetjr, what I'm not getting is how you had such a long duty day prior to a re-check? Once you fail a ride, they cannot use you for duty can they - until you pass a re-check?

Hang in there, can you get a part time instructor gig to keep you current until things turn around?

Last edited:
Jetjr:

To say the least, its a shame that a company would treat you this way. They have spent thousands of dollars on you, and just because you bust once means nothing. Anyone can have a bad day, of some do...

Look forward and think positive.. there a companies out there that want and will hire you..
They will find it amazing that they did not let you try a second time and when you are not tired..

Leave them in the dust and don't look back...

UAL727:eek:

Thank you all for the posts.

1)The greivance chairperson did get "involved" but he negotiated nothing.....and yes he was the right hand person of the scab president of whom you spoke.

2) Good catch on the duty question. Yes I was grounded at the time of my requal training. But I was called at 1630 with a training assignment for the following day which resulted in assigned travel and training a.k.a. duty that last almost 24 hours.

Jim

Latest resources

Back