• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Terminations at Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
acording to company sop's the crew was out of rest at the end of 10 hours rest. Therefore they were 3 hours into their standby. I am not 100% sure how this works. But from what I am told is that after ten hours rest they must be available to the company.

acording to company sop's the crew was out of rest at the end of 10 hours rest. Therefore they were 3 hours into their standby. I am not 100% sure how this works. But from what I am told is that after ten hours rest they must be available to the company.
So the crew was not in their 13th hour of rest... but in their 3 hr of DUTY.

First all I personally do not know the pilot that was forced to resign. I don't like to see anyone forced out of a job. I can tell you that the company SOP states you must have your phones turned on after 10 hours of rest. They cannot require you to answer the phone unless you were actually on duty. You do not automatically go on duty 10 hours after your release time. You go on duty when the previous release states your duty on time. YOU ARE EXPECTED, NOT REQUIRED to answer after 10 hours of rest. If what you are saying is 100% accurate then he has been screwing his fellow pilots for some time. I do not answer my phone until I am on duty. I am not on duty until I am on duty period. FLOPS has made their bed and now forced to sleep in it. I am not saying he deserved to get fired, or forced a resignation, but he shouldn't be answering his phone while not on duty.

Some guys at the top of the list seem to think they don't need to follow the rest of the pilots on not answering the phone while in rest, on writing up airplanes when and where they break, and by NOT DOING OVERTIME. Why should they, life is good for them. They were hired, made captain immediately, possibly made a SFO, and pretty much riding on the gravy train. Lets not forget that there are guys that got hired shortly after these folks. They are still SICs and still eating crap from the company. Also even the pilots at the top of the list are severely underpaid.

We need 100% participation from all pilots to get a fair contract for everyone. Those that aren't paying their Required dues (Nov 1st has come and gone) are not pulling this train down the tracks. Those that do favors for the company are not helping their fellow pilots. We have a lot of pilots that are employed by FLOPS on the bottom of the list struggling just to feed their families. They qualify for all kinds of government assistance. What about these pilots? Like I said earlier I don't wish unemployment on anyone. I think everyone should be "living the good life", after all we are professionals right? It did take years and thousands of dollars, and many sacrifices to get to where we are today. Working at FLOPS, I can say the return isn't worth the time.

Please register at www.ibt1108.org Please fill out and send in your registration form. Please keep yourself informed on what is going on with our union. Please follow the guidance set forth by our union leadership. It is for our safety. We all want a great contract to come sooner than later. Without your participation it won't come sooner. Remember do nothing illegal for, or against the company. Do no favors for FLOPS no matter how small they may seem.

Allrighty before NJW chimes in I'm still confused.

Crew is in Rest

Captain answers phone which brings him out of rest but not the FO.

FO refuses to answer phone, or anything. Captain keeps trying to get a hold of the FO... to which the FO is not required to answer. It was the captains choice to answer the phone so on duty he goes to the airport.

Company gets pissed because FO doesn't show and crew is unusable.

How again does the Capt get fired? There has to be moooore to this story. If anything they'd try and fire the FO and not the Capt.

There is way more to this.

The captain told the F/o unless there is any changes lets plan with our 1200Lvan ride. Duty was up at 1000L. The company terminated the captain for changing the duty time. .

The way I see it they should have been at the FBO at 10:00 Am but the Capt said to show at 12:00. That is how I understood the post.

I agree there must be more to the story.

Sounds to me like Flops still isn't following the Prospective Rest regs the way they are supposed to be. If you're required to be contactable (i.e., required to have your phone on), you are no longer in rest. "Expected, not required" to answer? What a load of crap.

I'm not sure why the anti-union people are angry. It's very rare that a pilot gets fired at netjets. I can't say any of things that have been done, but even if the pilot was fired he still comes back...like a weed...then spreads to the others. Maybe the FO union will get him rehired.

I'm not against unions - they provide rules the company must abide by, and anything not in the contract can't be done. I am against doing anything to intentionally hurt they people who provide your paycheck. That just seems ridiculous to me.

Eating their own.

I may be real lost. But it sounds like an A-teamer was fired. He answers a call he is expected but not required to answer. So he is "helping".
Then he steps in it but can't get the whole team togeather. And then they fire him.
Wow.

Latest resources

Back