Terminations at Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KSUPILOT

It has taken me a few days on how to report this to all of you. With the holiday season upon us Flight options must feel that they need a larger holiday present for themselves. It goes to show how little quality of life this company has.

Recently Flight Options has terminated a 9 year pilot for not being able to get a hold of his co-pilot on a trip. I was not going to write anything on here until I saw the co-pilot gloting that he had gotten this particular pilot terminated. He must be real proud of himeself. When the Co-pilot decided that he would not respond to the Capt cell phone calls, in house calls, knocking on the door the Capt was in a pinch and could only start heading to get the plane ready. The crew was into their 13th hour of rest. The co-pilot had chose to not work with the crew but against the crew. Now this Capt was terminated over this. I give a lot of credit to 1108 for giving it their best. But when I hear a co-pilot gloting over this in a FBO I wanted to punch him. Now a former 9 year veteran of Flt Ops. is sitting at home sweating on how to pay bills, give his 3 children, one who is less than 6 mths old, a good holiday, and put food on the table.

I know this is going to stir up a lot of expresions from all of you. All I am asking is that think before you do something. You might not just be affecting your fellow crew mate, but be putting his whole family in jeopardy. We all think that way when it comes to safety. Let's all work together to get a job done. Seperate company bs from flying. It is the holiday season, let's all try to get along for the next months and make each others life a little better.

Thanks,

KSUPILOT

How does the FO keep his job? I don't doubt your post, but something seems odd or untold.

has to be more to the story than this. where was dispatch in all this?

Flight Options continues to be the worst Fractional out there. Every time I see any of you guys on the road all I hear is bitching and for GOOD REASON.

I believe someone should walk up to the FO and give him a good PUNCH SQUARE IN THE NECK. IF we worked in a factory that boy would have his legs broken, and his face kicked in.

Good luck to the experienced Captain.

HAP

The captain told the F/o unless there is any changes lets plan with our 1200Lvan ride. Duty was up at 1000L. The company terminated the captain for changing the duty time. That is the official word. If the co-pilot would have got off his attitutde somone would not be stressing now. This Capt is proably one of the more go to capt. I really feel for all of you that have to go to Flt Ops every day.

I agree with the quote someone wrote about if he worked ina factory he would be hurting. When I worked at USAIR on the maint line we had a supervisor who was looking for anything so he can get a better job with the company. He was coming to work, after he got a mech fired, parking in the handicap spot and coming in with two broken legs.

I am sure the company has a target on the FO now.

Any info on the reason behind the other pilot ?

Last edited:
Sorry.

This sounds like BS.

But if its not I would expect Flight Options to get an expensive lesson in Rest and Duty rules from the IBT1108 lawyers and or the FAA.

Not to mention the Wrongful termination lawsuit.... A friend won one from FLOPS for big money a few years ago.

Last edited:
I heard the Captain resigned.

I guess he was given a choise quit or your fired.
So I don't think there will be any lawsuit.

Did he request a union rep? I know he was NOT a union supporter.

Actually the opposite. He did request union representation. He was a union member. The union actually wen to bat for him so that he could get a resignation instead of a termination.

Latest resources

Back