• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Temporary Certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is that this was a renewal from the FAA based on the fact that I am a company IOE check-airman and was renewed on that bases only. I just hope the guy even remembers me coming in and doing this.

SB

CFI Renewal

It makes no difference on which basis you were renewed. You were renewed but now your temporary has expired. Sh*t happens. Don't wait any longer. Just go to the FSDO which issued your temporary in the first place and you should be taken care of. Nine times out of ten, FSDO will work with you. You may suffer glares and dirty looks for waiting so long.

Now, if you talking about the MCO FSDO, that's another story........ :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sphincterboy,

Bobbyamsand is correct. Your certificate is technically expired. However, the FAA General Aviation Inspector's Handbook specifically states (don't have the reference or the time to get it right at the moment) that your instructing privileges are valid during the time the FAA is processing your renewal paperwork, until you receive an answer from the FAA. The technical error here is that while instructor privileges generally are still valid, the temporary has expired, which makes a case for reinstatement, rather than renewal. Again, most inspectors will look the other way and sign out a new temporary for you.

In this case, documentation acceptable to the administrator will include a copy of the documentation showing your service as a company check airman. Essentially, always plan on keeping a copy of all the paperwork you submitted, and this paperwork must be with you when acting as an authorized instructor.

If you were acting as a check airman under 121 or 135 and will be instructing in that capacity only, then you may do so under an ATP without need for the flight instructor certificate.

Latest resources

Back