• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Teamsters at Flight Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could you guys apply for rep from a CGF Local IBT????

Not much of an option, in my opinion. The Cleveland local has no experience with aviation. The 747 does, but it is a poorly run local. IF, and that's a big IF, the IBT were to be the Union of choice for Flight Options, it would have to be a local with aviation experience, preferably with fractional experience. That means the 284. Would they be interested in representing FO, LLC? Who knows. Hopefully it never comes to us having to deal with the Local 747.

It is no secret among my co-workers that I am no fan of the IBT, but I believe that the 284 would be the ONLY options if we were to go with the IBT. Myself, I would like to see one Union(meaning one Local) representing all or most of the fractionals.

FracPilot said:

Not much of an option, in my opinion. The Cleveland local has no experience with aviation. The 747 does, but it is a poorly run local. IF and that's a big IF, the IBT were to be the Union of choice for Flight Options, it would have to be a local with aviation experience, preferably with fractional experience.

When EJA, now Netjets, went to the #284, they (IBT #284) had absolutely "0" aviation experience. With no other fractionals at the time, they had no experience there either. It was a steep learning curve, the current contract (old) left a lot to be desired, but, it was a starting point. Rumors are that the new contract has as many pages as the New York phone book. ;)

As I mentioned before, OPS MEC (OPS voted pilot representatives)would be the ones drawing up the contract, you guys know what you want/need, just write it down and develop it from there. The IBT would only be there for legalities and negotiating skills. Either way, I hope you guys come up with something.

Latest resources

Back