• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Reps speak out against TA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe we do have a little leverage in regards to scope and codeshare. I noticed very early on, SWAPA (aka Gary and the gang) kept planting the seed that, "codeshares are fun, hip and exciting!". I think codeshares (aka outsourcing) is already a done deal, our current pesky contract is one obstacle that needs to be changed.

BINGO, KP. I couldn't agree more. Vote this turd down and sit on your hands for a little while.

Tammy Romo has already tipped their hand to several million in revenue from codeshare. Let them walk those comments back and get back to the table. We have almost iron clad codeshare now. Why give it up for free?

Make the profit sharing be based on a quantifiable metric like SEC filings.... You know the ones that they go to jail if they lie about what they report. That way we won't get played from some stupid language they can manipulate with their own numbers. Concrete language with if-then statements to specify exactly what is to occur for any codeshare/interline agreement because that is certainly coming our way. As the Dallas rep stated....they did not spend 650 million on a reservation system for a couple of flights coming from South America. They already have international gates they just need the scope relief so that the southwest pilots can be the feeder to various parts of the U.S. Sad thing is that I will be surprised if it gets defeated by anything more than a 60:40 split. Too many kool aid drinkers and poor leadership. FAT pilots have been dealing with this crap and methodology for years and could provide insight but I do not see RSW pilots or Swapa allowing any of that. There are some brilliant RSW guys putting out great graphs and charts depicting the true value of the offer. It would be nice to see those posted at all of the road shows. Collectively we May be able to educate the masses but it will be an uphill battle.

Last edited:
I will play the Status Quo game for a long time, I couldn't care less. They decided to play the Randy Babbit game not me. And if a FO is willing to sell his soul (section 1) for a pathetic raise I will cast my NO vote to null yours.

Last edited:
It's the FO's that will bring the strong NO vote...get a clue

LOL.. Yeah, right.

I'm flying with a YES! voting FO this trip.

He is ecstatic about the awesome raises and his 2.68 tfp per month "bonus" in lieu of retro, and can't wait to vote YES!

Thinks that the codeshare concessions will really open up the "growth".

Oh, and he's way above a 100K number.

Last edited:
You better hope it's a little more than the FOs. Ie. the reason you need to be unified. Just an observation; while the FAT guys didn't have the contract that SWA had, whatever they had was vehemently fought for. Personal feelings about each other, need to stop at the water's edge. And, useful experience needs to be put to use.

Fletch717, despite any previous back door deals, if any, there is always leverage. It's called staying with your current contract. What you have now is not a bad document. In my view, you can AFFORD to wait the company out. See who needs who first. Lest not forget, SWA has an image to uphold.

Last edited:
LOL.. Yeah, right.

I'm flying with a YES! voting FO this trip.

He is ecstatic about the awesome raises and his 2.68 tfp per month "bonus" in lieu of retro, and can't wait to vote YES!

Thinks that the codeshare concessions will really open up the "growth".

Oh, and he's way above a 100K number.
I truly hope you attempted to shed some light on those shortsighted and potentially disastrous misconceptions!

And that is why GK laughs.

In the very likely event that enough pilots are like that FO and have the SWA Warrior Spirit, it passes and GK wins.

If we vote it down, GK just delays for awhile and enjoys the money he saves until a few more pilots get tired of negotiating. He has plenty of time and can keep chipping away at section one until enough pilots get impatient and give in just to get a raise. Time is on his side. He wins no matter what we do.

Latest resources

Back