Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboysgal

from the gang at home
I am not a flyer, but my flyer boyfriend is sitting frying waiting to hear .... I just have the computer.
Is anyone getting letters of rejection?
Sometimes the waiting is what can kill you worse than the failing.
After the board, are they sending the rejections slips at the same time? He was over there interviewing on 1/15.
They gave him the "don't talk to anyone, everyone is different..." thing, so I know it is true. This is his second try through the interview, and when he sent his app, he got a call one month later and one month for the interview. From what I am reading, he is really a different deal, but we still have the letter from his first go around.
Just to see if there is an end in sight, anyone getting the BAD news?

Don't get too upset yet, if Jennifer didn't start calling until friday afternoon, it is very possible that she just couldn't get all the calls made that afternoon.. She is a VERY busy gal, between her own business, and all of the calls that she takes from all of us (Kudos to her for always being SOOOOO polite when I've called to distract her from her job).. Let a few more days go before starting to worry, after all there is nothing that will come from all that stress right?

Try to keep his spirits up!! And good luck!

S.B.

Letters

Calls just started being made on Friday. Everyone should be notified by Tuesday. Letters should start hitting the homes and hearts of brave young lads and lasses by Wendsday. I have kept in touch with other people inour group and no one has gotten a letter yet. A little too soon for that is my guess. The walk to the box takes on a new dimension in terror after Monday and no phone call. The only rule is: Phone calls good. Mail bad.
As for stress... I up reading these posts at 5:30 am because I interviewed on the same day and I have not heard either. I wish they could just post a list of code names on a website right after the board just to get it over with. Until that happens you just have to trust the system and take a few TUMS. I am sure I met your boyfriend. Send a private message if you like. I would send one to you but am too tired to figure out how.

Take Care. CC

P.S. Go out to dinner either way.

well, I hear crickets, but nothing else

Now, don't tell me we are all so scared that NOBODY has opened their mailbox?

For guys with 9-5 jobs and wives, etc, there seems to be no written rejections... (Friday mail out, Saturday mail travel... MONDAY mail gets there???)

Does that mean there MAY be additional calls?
Oh, I forgot, all I hear is crickets, no phones...
This is the most nerve wracking experience I have participated in!

I hear voices

I answered the phone today and I heard a female voice with a Southern accent congratulating me on my new job! After a short gray out I realized that she had congratulated me on my new son and was trying to sell me some cloth covered books perfect for learning and chewing. I was so stunned that the speil was almost over before I could hang up. While somewhat humorous now, the laughs will not replace any of the 5 years that were removed from my Southwest-less life. At least I still have my son.

Take Care All.

CC

flyboynfla = flyboysgal?

Just wondering if flyboynfla is the pilot you are referring to in your posts since it looks like he finally got the call! If so, congrats and welcome to the pool! It's a bit chilly, but Jennifer said it will warm up for summer time when we should get training dates...

sorry, no!

my "flyboy" is not a member of the forum, but the pilot you refer to IS on the mailing list. Apparently so far only two from that group have had the phone ring.
I am just the computer... (pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...!) ;)

Pulling this to the top

I saw poor alex in his posting was the first to post about bad news from the mailman. I am prety sure my guy will be reporting the same letter later today but like I said, it is really encouraging to know people have not DIED after the second try and are getting in or third run.
Alex's post had a few helpful words for the ones without mailbox confirmation about possible cracks we may slip through, but as hard as it is waiting for the mailman turning a page is a good thing.
Let us know you are ok, post here if you got the letter, because it will let us all help ... well chase around for the next big opportunity with you!!!
Onward and upward...(did I say that already??)

Bad letter

So far, 2 of 5 wannabes got calls, one def letter (me), ex navy 1st hitch, ex Usair (12 years?), Nov types. One civvie and one AF to know yet.

Bad Letter, Veddy Veddy Bad Letter

5 wannabes, one navy 1st hitch, and one ex USAir (12 years?) got calls, me got letter (2nd app), one USAF unknown, one civvie unkown. All typed 2nd week Nov 01, Interview Jan 02.

Life goes on!

Latest resources

Back