SWA welcome packet via Fedex..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi vx9.tc,

I have a question about the the Spouse/Companion days. I have a new born infant who (of course) constantly is in need of her Mom. I would really like my spouse to go, but I'm not sure if it would be advisable to have a baby there. Did anyone from your class have babies along? Is it allowed and/or was it a problem? What is your opinion?

Thanks for the intel...

Vee:)

I am in the same situation. My son is due at the end of Feb and JM says I should have a march 14th class.

Congrats!!

I'd say no to the baby question.

Get ready for class #02-02 to have a party in your honor (class 03-02) the night before, its a lot of fun.

Long time lurker, I finally have something to contribute.

I'd also say no to bringing a baby. However, if time and money allows bring the baby and a babysitter. A plane ticket and a hotel room is an expense, but it is a one time function. If the babysitter is the employee's parent (and will be the employee's selection for passes, and lives in/or close to an SWA city) buy a one way ticket. Passes are available and could be used for the trip home. I also think a cot would fit in the SWA provided hotel room.

We were in Dallas in October and a few spouses from previous classes attended our session - due to prior committments and travel issues. I don't know if they'll allow it now, but if a few weeks would make a difference you might ask JM if your spouse could attend a later session.

Heads up to wives - dress is casual. SWA has a very relaxed atmosphere so be sure to leave the prom dress at home and pack a pair of jeans and comfortable shoes.

The whole thing is very interesting, informative, and fun. Be sure to plan your travel so you don't miss the meet and greet on Weds evening (mentioned in a previous post). Ours provided laughs for the next two days. If you don't have children/reason to rush home stay thru the weekend. The guys are free (some "homework" to do) and you can enjoy a bit more time together.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions -just post or pm me.

It's good to see another pilot's wife using this board. My husband isn't on with Southwest yet, but he's working on it hard (hello April 737 type rating). Anyway, we live in Dallas now (northern suburb) so anyone who would like any "non-official" info on here just ask. Also, the people with tiny babies, I understand your dilemma. We have 2 little ones also. Maybe I can help with some babysitters while your here.

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the intel on the baby issue-We really appreciate it. "Pilot's Wife": Thank you so much for the offer of help with the babysitter! It is very kind of you! We are still debating whether or not to bring the baby. She is less than a month old and I also have concerns about her ears clearing with the aircraft pressurization. We are going to ponder it a little longer and talk to the doctor and see if it would be an OK idea. We may still take you up on the help...we'll keep you posted.

Thanks a bunch!

Vee:)

Sorry it took awhile but, I'd agree with all the above advice on your newborn or others with kids.

Wed night is a hoot. If the previous class doesn't take you and your wives to Red River to ride the bull they're weak.

SWA-Spouse wrote,

"The guys are free (some "homework" to do) and you can enjoy a bit more time together. "

Are the guys/gals OFF for the first weekend after the first two days of class? How much and what type of "Homework" is there? We thought if we are off for that weekend we would take the time to look around.

Thanks

J3

If I remember correctly the Weds night festivities started about 7:00pm (Dallas-Herb time). It might have been 7:30.... It's either close to your hotel or in your hotel so you wouldn't need travel time.

You are OFF the first weekend, no scheduled classes or activities. If I remember correctly there is some reading/reviewing to do before Monday morning. I don't think it would take too much time out of the weekend, probably depends on your stress level and how long ago you got your type rating.

Enjoy the weekend.....

Latest resources

Back