• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

For those of you that are waiting for your SWA info/welcome aboard packet..I just got mine via Fedex..
SO..they are on the way for those of us going to the 31st class and perhapes later classes..

MLBWINGBORN
:D

Congratulations!

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! to you and to the others in the pool. Hope you have a great time at SWA.

What's in the Packet?

What's in the welcome packet?

Any details about transpo to/from, or spouse info for the first couple of days?

Accommodations, schedules, etc?

What do we need to bring?

Thanks for all your work keeping this board up and the intel flowing. You've been a big help in keeping the light on at the end of the tunnel.

See ya in Dallas!

- Shamu4Me
14 Feb Class

Med Class 1 or 2?

P.S. Do you know if we need to keep our Class 1 Med updated every six months, or can we start class at SWA with a Class 2?

Shamu4Me
Class 1 expires in Feb...

Shamu..

The answer to the medical question is NO..You must show up for your first day of class with a first class medical..

The packet contains....

A formal letter of welcome aboard that includes class date,class location,school house phone number..It also includes phone numbers to call for hotel and travel arrangements..

You will be asked to accept in writing your job offer as well as a copy of your letter of resignation to your former employer to be returned to SWA..

The packet also contains the standard H.R. types of paperwork,pass privileges booklet,SWA mission statement booklet,list of required document/copies..

It offers a short list of things that are going to happen during the first two days for your guest/spouse..

They also tell you what you have to buy in the way uniforms and if you dont have a flight bag/chartcase now you will need one by the end of the second day..

MLBWINGBORN...:p

P.S..

You can call me if you have any questions..
Look for my number via PM..

MLBWINGBORN

Yes

MLBWINGBORN

Thanks MLB!

I thought they covered the hotel but with recent events i wasn't sure if they did anymore. My Savings is SAFE for now!

Good Luck in class. JM told me today I would be in the March 14th class as long as stop loss is in effect.

We all appreciate you work with this board and our questions. I look forward to joining you soon!

Cheers!
Jball

Nice summary MLB. Just $.02 from a Jul NH.

They paid for the hotel in July, and I'd assume they still do.

The flight bag issue. They've got bags at the Training center on display which can be sent UPS. Do you need to worry about it beforehand? No. Do you need a way to get 50# of books to your hotel at the end of the second day? Yes. Some guys had a bag from previous life. Most guys threw their pubs in their, Mk 1 Mod 0, rollerbag. Being the purely military, non rollerbag toting, new guy...I put what I could fit in my green helmet bag, and the wife carried the rest in a backpack. Can you say "good piece of gear!" She's definitely a keeper.

By the third week I had a nice, new, virgin leather bag from Scott leather. Great bag, but definitely no longer a virgin.

About bringing your wife. All but probably 2 married guys did and a couple guys (unmarried) brought girlfriends. My wife was really glad she was there. You'll be glad too because then you won't be solely responsible for all the information you missed about benefits, medical coverage, etc...

Latest resources

Back