Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Can anyone offer me advice on "shoe-horning" Reserve training in with being a SWA new hire? I have two schools to attend, one is 11 weeks as the other is 5.5 months. Of course they just offered me a training date for the first one and it is 9 May which I am positve would interfer with my SWA class date. I have asked the unit to get me a later date, but would early August be too early to take 11 weeks mil leave? (I am guessing I'll start 25 April if stop loss remains in effect, otherwise late May)

Always remember that flying for the reserves is a part time occupation. SWA should have your first priority and then when its convenient to your SWA schedule, go to your reserve training. I did the same thing with UAL and the best advice I was given was to talk with your new hire supervisor or your chief pilot. They are the ones who control your destiny for your prolonged future.
Good luck.

Reserve Training

Ivauir,
I also will be doing a reserve job next month when I seperate. I have heard from my reserve buddies flying for SWA that they are great about working with the reservists and thier schedules.
On the extreme side of this is a buddy of mine working for AA that got himself recalled back to a Test Squadron to be the skipper for a few years and has his job waiting for him when he returns, so hopefully for 5-6 months should be a problem. Good luck.

-T45Flyer

Latest resources

Back