SWA Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Talked to Lindsey today, she's definitely busy. Here's what she had to say on the interview front:

Setting up interviews for Jan. Almost 100% of the 3 weeks of interviews will be with folks who were previously scheduled prior to the cancellation of interviews several months ago. The remaining slots will go to the "next in line" with those with types getting first call (as they have always been). Total interviews for the month will be over 100 which is fairly standard for 3 weeks of interviews. No calls for Feb, they're still too busy with setting up calls for Jan. Folks without types who weren't invited to interviews previous to 911 will probably be in the 5-7 months window before getting a call. That's my estimate, not SWA's.

As for classes, we all know 2 classes in Jan, 1 in Feb, 2 in Mar/Apr. Plans are for 20 per class. SWA has lost about 40 pilots to call ups with the military. These classes will fill some of those losses & will allow SWA to fill some of the shortages previously identified. The classes in Jan are nearly 100% full so most of the calls have been made. All classes are tentative obviously.

SWA is showing a small profit at this point for the quarter accordign to other sources, not huge but small. Bookings are still low for Jan & need to increase. Anything else I remember I'll fill in later, gotta go. cheers,

chase

Latest resources

Back