• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Uniform Qustion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The wings are on the jacket not the shirt, hence no holes needed in the shirt. The leather jacket has wings embroidered on a removable leather patch along with your name. The traditional pilot jacket, which now hangs in my garage under plastic, has shiny metal wings on the chest.

one thing i notice flying out of MCO is that pilots for SWA always seem to have sanitized their uniform, whether jumpseating or just riding the employee bus to the parking lot.

is this required by your airline, or do they just do it to avoid having every other pax coming up and asking them where the baggage claim is?

i was told before that they did it to avoid having to wear the hat...

Sanitized uniform

It is more likely due to the tie because we can't wear a partial uniform. If you want to take the tie off, you have to take the rest of the stuff off too (bars and hat). We don't have wings, so "sanitizing" is that much easier.

Hey guys..

Shirts can be pleated pockets..Just no wing holes in pocket flaps or shirt fronts..

The Pilot House has a great selection of shirts and offer a airline discount..

One of the other reasons for not having wings is per the contract the company has to provide all required wings/patches..

In other words...costs too much to have several thousand sets of wings when knowbody really cares for them anyway..

As for the United guy and the wearing of our beluved leather jacket..

His attitude and others like him are one of the reasons that United is where they are today..

I have many friends there and almost every one of them have one thing in common..

They all hate to go to work..

So..I will keep on wearing my silly looking leather bomber jacket and continue to work with other folks that also enjoy wearing theirs..

And LUV every minute of it..

Mike

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back