• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. Speculating is pretty pointless as well....mgmt is going to do what they want anyway regardless of what Section 1 says or what any pilot thinks. Some of you act as if SWAPA is some big and mighty contract enforcing machine when nothing could be farther from the truth. The company tramples on our contract every day...why would this be any different? If they want all the trannies to fly as FO's then that is what will happen. If they want to operate the 717's past Jan 1 2015, then they will do that, too. There will be legal recourse, but SWAPA will fail to gain anything of value from it and thus it will not cost the company anything. In the end, the company will get all they want and more. I, for one, am looking forward to having the 98%-strike-voting trannies on our side to water down the koolaid drinkers in this place a bit and maybe elect some guys (or gals) with balls (or really big ovaries) to lead this pilot group.

You don't understand, and continue to not understand; when you don't have leverage, you take the deal.

Do tell ......... What leverage do you think SWAPA has given the situation with other SWA work groups and unions ? (I know you're not dumb enough to think that these factors won't effect negotiations)

Pushing back on an agreed upon deal, in effect throwing it in back into the face of the guy your negotiators just agreed with, is not going to get you very far. Case in point, the MEC, threw the deal their negotiators just completed, back into Gary's face and said not good enough. How did that work out for them?

Do you understand?

GK doesn't believe that narrative, we don't believe it, do you ? The moral outrage at the 'slap in the face' was a negotiating position. More BS in a long line of BS.

I, for one, am looking forward to having the 98%-strike-voting trannies on our side to water down the koolaid drinkers in this place a bit and maybe elect some guys (or gals) with balls (or really big ovaries) to lead this pilot group.

I could not agree more. I have voted no on every turd SWAPA has tried to sell us, but to no avail. I am sick of the Koolies in this place.

Latest resources

Back