• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't happen that way. Per the agreement, no AT pilot can BID capt until Jan '15. The Jan bid will be for a March line. The only possibility will be for some of the 717 capts that will be sitting once their planes are parked. I think that is going to be a remote possibility because I don't think there is going to be a capt vacancy until later in '15. Just my opinion.

Unless I'm mistaken, they can't HOLD capt till '15, they can BID in '14 for a class in '15.

Straight from a 717 CA to 737 CA after sitting for three months? No chance.

More than likely you are succumbing to the SWA LUV rumor mill of unicorns a bunny rabbits where whatever you think you want to happen suddenly turns into a rumor that it will be happening. You know, like "well keep the 717 forever" one.

Straight from a 717 CA to 737 CA after sitting for three months? No chance.

Whats so unrealistic about that? It's happened at prob every legacy airline flying today. What about a current 717 capt that goes out on medical before he transitions and comes back to work as a SW 737 capt after a few years. No chance that can happen either? I'll bet it's going to happen...a lot.

Section F.1.

AirTran Pilots will be prohibited from holding a Captain or Lance Captain position on the Southwest B737 until the January 2015 bid period.

So it's kind of open for interpretation. It doesn't say January award period. It says 'bid' period, as if your bidding in January.

Clear as mud?

Incorrect, they cannot BID CA until 2015.

I love it when people spout off like they know what the hell they're talking about.
From S.L. 10

Q. How will future 737 captain vacancies be filled?

A. Until January 1, 2015, all 737 Captain will be filled by current Southwest pilots. After that date, Captain vacancies at SWA will be determined by system seniority.

The language isn't exactly clear.

Curious what might be in the negotiators' notes about the intent there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back