SWA - time frame on decision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NerfHerder

Hey everyone! I interviewed on the 12 of Feb. and they said to expect 6-8 weeks to hear word on the hiring decision. Is this time frame accurate from what you out there know or is it a conservative estimate or something? - I have heard wait time in the past was around 3-4 weeks, - just wondering. Thanks for the info...) p.s. my LOR's are being called too..) - crosses fingers.

Time line for review board decision

I spoke with one of the assistant Chief Pilots in Dallas today to check if they had received some paper work. He asked when I interviewed (Jan 24th) and he said my application would probably go before the Feb 20th RB.

It sounds like they might not be able to review all the applicants and they might slide some to the following RB.

When asked if SWA still mails a letter if one is not accepted and calls if you are hired, he stated they now sends letters to all the applicants after the DB. It takes about 2 weeks after the DB to receive the letter.

Letter?

When asked if SWA still mails a letter if one is not accepted and calls if you are hired, he stated they now sends letters to all the applicants after the DB. It takes about 2 weeks after the DB to receive the letter

Wo, that's news! So, now we don't have to fear our mailboxes?

...and I was prepared to just toss any letter I got from SWA next week!:)

letter vs phone calls

The unfortunate part is that instead of waiting 3 or 4 days after the DB for possible good news (as has been the case in the past), everyone now waits two weeks.

This 6 weeks has been the longest of my life. Ok-2nd longest after the 60 days I spent in a tent with 8 other people somewhere in the middle of Saudi Arabia. Another 2 weeks of waiting for an answer is going to be torture!!!

Oh Well, you know what they say about anything worthwhile being worth waiting for.

Good luck to all!!!

Letters are better!

I believe that letters are the best way of letting everyone know the results of the DB because of what happened to me.

I interviewed in May 01 and was told to expect a June 01 DB. A few weeks after the date had passed and I still had no word I decided to call. SWA told me that my packet had been moved to a later DB in July 01 and that they would let me know the results. No problem, at least I was still in the running. Weeks after the July 01 DB I still had no word either way from SWA so I called again. SWA told me that I had passed the DB and just needed to complete a Drug Test before they would make me an offer. They could not understand how my name had slipped through the cracks and no one had called me with the good news.

So I say send everyone a letter stating the results of their decision board. No guessing, no agonizing over the results, no waiting longer than necessary before continuing to plan your future either with or without SWA.

Good luck to all at your DB.

Lost in the Shuffle

Ouch, that must have hurt! You must have the patience of Jobe, or maybe you just went crazy waiting for the word.

I don't have any problem with the letter vs the phone call other than it might take longer for the good word.

Just hunkerin' down now. Strange, that as I write this, my fate (vis-a-vis SWA) might already have been determined!

Latest resources

Back