• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I trust management and voted no. . Dude I have no ill will towards SWA. SWAPA however could have done way better. Even if SWAPA would have said LANCE program is over, but all of the current LANCES will continue in the LANCE program until he or she has upgraded and no more LANCES after that then I would have been TOTALLY ok with that, and so would many of us. This protects current LANCES and finishes the program...that alone would have passed this TA.

Just Keep pulling up the ladder. The old I have got mine mentality...
as long as the current guys get to keep theirs screw everyone else!

Last edited:
The Union said "it will pass...3-1" is what I heard. WRONG! I'm a proud NO voter. We did it, now it onto Chicago and lets win this thing!

Fix it SWAPA or we will find someone else to.

I voted "NO" in this order(and I'm a Lance Captain):

1. Codeshare(job outsourcing)
2. Scheduling
3. LC Program.

I'll continue to vote "NO" if these things are not to my satisfaction!

Ditto what SWA GUY said. Here's hoping they go back and get it right. (but I have my doubts when the SWAPA president speaks of the "steep hill we have to climb")

Voted no on codeshare alone!! Outsourcing sucks!!

I had a good friend recently ask what would make codeshare accetable? Too start with 1 for 1 but even that sucks. The only good codeshare is NONE!!!! How much of a paycut do I need to take for management not want to outsource my job?

How's this one... instead of "meet and discuss" how about the pilots group will get 33% of all revenue generated from codeshare that was not contractually agreed to.

Now that has some teeth!!

Congrats, guys. It would have been better to have a bigger margin, but at least you turned down a bad deal. That's twice in the past couple of years that pilot groups have turned down bad TAs (ATN and SWA). Maybe pilots are finally starting to grow a pair.

"I would have voted yes if the lances were grand-fathered" ... think about how narrow-minded that is! I got mine ... let's pull up the ladder!!!

Well...yeah...thats how the whole 65 thing went down right? :rolleyes:

Be aware of the union's self interest groups "smoke and mirror" tricks. NWA Alpa had a lobbying group that was able to convince the more junior pilots to vote in favor of the TA. Only to find out later that they were duped.

Latest resources

Back