• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All a sign of the growing hiring boom. Competitive standards are being modified in order to ensure adequate numbers to make a quality cut. The college degree is becoming perferred at more and more airlines because they know it has nothing to do with flying an airplane

All a sign of the growing hiring boom. Competitive standards are being modified in order to ensure adequate numbers to make a quality cut. The college degree is becoming perferred at more and more airlines because they know it has nothing to do with flying an airplane

What is "perferred"?

Once again, guys with little or no college sometimes stand out, not all.

Every time I have asked a guy what college he went to, the answer has been I didn't go to college. I only ask when there are triggers.

Haven't had to do it in many years actually.

Last edited:
What is "perferred"?

Once again, guys with little or no college sometimes stand out, not all.

Every time I have asked a guy what college he went to, the answer has been I didn't go to college. I only ask when there are triggers.

Haven't had to do it in many years actually.

I know what you mean, i have to ask "what did you fly in the Airforce" when there are triggers too.

You can usually narrow it down even further.......

"What Eagle unit were you in?"

Have flown with a bunch of AF Tanker guys, they are in general cool, laid back and secure. Was in the jumpseat of a former F-4 guy, let's just say my neck is still sore from his yanking and banking that A320 around :) Just happy for the ride.

Sorry, thread drift

Someone at Higher Power just started crying uncontrollably.

Maybe they can start training the boneheads at Gulfstream International Airlines, I mean, Silver Airways. :laugh::rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back