• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When do you upgrade Ty? $218/hr is right around the corner maybe..

178/hr at AirTran? You know that starting point was altered right? The original number was $152/hr.

Red, I'd be careful about saying that you think it's fair to use the AirTran 2001 rates in SLI negotiations, even though it was 7 years after the Contract became amenable.

Unfortunately, it could come back to bite us in the next merger, when we're four or five years past the amenable date and negotiating the next SLI , and the other team pulls out the SWAPA 2006 Cotnract, and waves those rates at you . . . . Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

And, in all fairness, you do know that the AirTran pilots had voted down those rates in a defeated TA, right?

I don't think I'll put in for upgrade until I can at least hold a line. Hard to justify trading a Tue-Thur schedule for reserve, if you have other income.

I do see a lot of my former AirTran brothers bidding to pick up premium time in ANY base . . . . obviously, they're having to go to extremes to make up for the paycut, plus the two months in training.

Last edited:
You aren't very good at math, are you?

I don't have to be PCL. The seniority generator is very straight forward in regard to the integration. At my level, and my age....I got nothing.

Ty,

I understand what you voted down, but the reality was you were STILL getting paid $79/hr and $152/hr (Sept 2010) respectively when Southwest purchased you guys. I could care less if that was agreed upon in 2001 or 1968.

Good luck in upgrade when you elect to go. I've heard there are around 50-70 FAT guys that found it too much and asked to go back to FO, which really makes the last bid (March) a disaster for anyone under them that could have held it in their place. Whether RSW or FAT guys. Pretty much a goat rope.

I don't have to be PCL. The seniority generator is very straight forward in regard to the integration. At my level, and my age....I got nothing.

You got something. Every SWA pilot did. It might only be one class quicker, but you'll upgrade slightly faster. That's just a function of the math.

You got something. Every SWA pilot did.

Please explain to me what the top third of our seniority list got. Don't get stupid in retirement now.

...and the other team pulls out the SWAPA 2006 Cotnract, and waves those rates at you . . . . Just sayin'

Those rates were higher than everyone else back then. I'll play back to the future Biff.

Are you really that dense Toad?

I was blessed with a 3% bump in global seniority among 8000 pilots after everyone has transitioned. That fades to zero at upgrade.

.....as in nothing.

Please explain to me what the top third of our seniority list got.

You got a bump in relative seniority which equals increased bidding power. Is it worth much? No. But it's not worth nothing, either.

I'm laughing all the way to the bank. ;)

Latest resources

Back