• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and girls..

A few thoughts about the "packets" in the mail and what it has meant in the past..

One of the things that SWA has done in the past has been looking at time tables for expansion and then seeing if they have the resources on hand to make it happen on short notice..
They would send out requests for updated info and even go so far as to call people in the pool and check on their avalibility..

I think they are seeing just how deep the pool really is and how long would it take to fill the seats of any new aircraft..

This is a very good sign and also something that had happened just before the hiring push back in the Dec thru Mar time frame..The question of "how quick can you get to Dallas?" was heard by many in the month of Dec after having been told a week or two prior nothing was going to happen..

I have heard from many sources that they market is ripe for the picking and many people are licking their chops over the possibilitys...Comments like these market conditions are very similar to those of the great expansion of the 90s are being heard in every hallway and cockpit..

The price of a 737 is getting lower with each one that gets parked in the desert and in the past this has been one of the ways the company has funded growth...They always seem to buy when the 737 market is depressed and the market share can be grown..

For what its worth im looking forward to a strong summer travel season with full planes and a very real possibilty of a major growth spurt very soon..

So hang in there and dont get any silly ideas of going somewhere else..Your time is coming very soon..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Oh yeah

Giddy Up!
Thanks Mike..you made my day. It's the little things that make this swim a little easier.

Awesome !!!!

Thanks Mike for the briefing. This is always nice to hear.

6 Months of being Mr. Mom is getting a little dull now.

:cool:

Been there..Done that...Sept 12th to Jan 30th..Mr Mom to the max..
I know as well as any of you that this is really tough on everything about you..
We like to be in control..
We like to know whats going to happen..
We like to feel that we are doing what we were cut out to do..

And sitting on our butts playing MR Mom pays alot of dues but its still uncomfortable for most pilot types..

There are many of us at SWA that truly understand whats its like for you and you have my as well as many others respect..

Besides..The more of you i can get dried off the faster i will get a line in BWI..LOLOL

Take care
Mike
MLBWINGBORN:eek:

Latest resources

Back