SWA hiring questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jake

I Thought I would start a dedicated thread for people in the hiring process to ask questions that come up to others in the process as well as those who have been hired. The post- interview process is of particular interest since these 6-8 weeks seem to be the biggest "roller coaster" ride of our lives.

The first questions are:

Does SW call everyone who has interviewed for a drug test?

Historically, do they call before or after the decision board?

Was anyone who interviewed in Jan. told by Dumbo or other SW rep. when drug test calls would be made?

Thanks

I got called for a drug test before the board meet, but I don't think that everybody at my interview date went for the drug screen. I remember being told though, they do send a lot of interviewees for drug tests but that does not mean anything.

TailStall

Drug Tests

I interviewed in January. We were told that in the past drug tests were a good indicator you had made it past the decision board, BUT that has now changed and we might be called for a drug test before the decision board. We were told not to take any meaning from being asked to do a drug test.

Long wait, huh?

For those of you interviewed in Jan and will be in Feb, when did you submit your apps and / or get type rated?

Probably no significance attached to when you get sent for the drug test. I was sent a few weeks after my interview, but my buddy who interviewed before me, didn't get sent until after his decision board (which turned out to be the same board as mine).

Who knows? Maybe the interview team makes some "preliminary" recommendations, and sends the folks they think "did well" to get their tests, but holds off on some others until they're selected by the board? Or maybe they call your contacts first, and when they're satisfied with those results you get the green light for a drug test?

I don't think there's much you can assume from the process. One thing that's a good sign is if your contacts start getting called to verify that they know you. That at least means you're progressing through the process...

Submitted App Aug 13
Typed Oct 22
Interviewed Jan 9

My friends and employers have all been called, but that's it. Also got a call from US Investigative Services regarding my previous employers. They were having a hard time contacting them because they were all out of business. I haven't heard anything else though. The date for the decision board is still Feb 20, right? That's what Dumbo told us, but he said it was subject to change. I've talked to others in my interview group and I haven't heard of anybody being called for a drug test yet. Now I wait.

SilentDave

Drug test is not related to the interview process. Whether you get sent to do it before or after is generally a function of how close your DB is to when you interviewed. At one time getting the drug test was done after the DB to save money (don't waste it on folks who aren't selected). With the need to get pilots lined up for classes I believe they want as many of the holes filled as possible so they can plug you into a class ASAP. Most of the comments above are right on. Good luck,

chase

Latest resources

Back