SW - How long from app. to interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reepicheap,

5 months for me....but I believe this was slowed due to 9/11. Check out the pool list above....you'll get a better feel from those who interviewed prior to 9/11.

Also, with the amount of applications they're receiving now, it may be a bit longer than before.

Good luck!

Time from App to interview

I had a chance to talk to Lindsey Lang on the phone last month. Her reply to that same question was Non-Typed 4 to 6 months from date they recieve it. Hope this helps. Good luck! I', almost thru with month 4.

The last ime I spoke W/ JM, She told me the same, 4-6 months to start a class AFTER you get you type, if you are like me, got you type after the "everything looks great, you have 6 months to get your type" phone call.

Stats
24 Jul 01 interview
11 Sep 01 CB meet ( we all know what happened next )
15 Oct 01 CB re-meets and I got "the" phone call
06 Dec 01 Got 737 type
Apr? May? start class?????

I dont mind waiting for a class date. After you get "the call", that seems to be the easy part.

Sorryguys, the original question was "how long from App to Intv"
Got alittle carried away. But my app when in on 03 Jan 01 and I was in SWA HQ on 24 Jul. 7 months for me. I know one guy who was 4 months and one guy who was 2 YEARS. Hard telling, but have faith and it will work out

Thanks for the info guys....in looking around the board I see a lot of pilots who applied or interviewed before they got the type. I would be interested to hear from those who already had the type when they applied.

Typed

Reepicheep,

I had my type prior to applying.

I applied mid Aug 2001. I was called Sep 10 to set up my interview. Interview was sked for 11 Oct. A week later that interview was postponed.

I called Lindsey in early December and was lucky enough to speak to her the morning she was getting ready to call everyone to start rescheduling. I was rescheduled for 7 Jan.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Applied 4 SEP 01
Called mid DEC 01
Interviewed 16 JAN 02
Got the call 22 FEB 02
Typed 16 MAR 00

I have a friend who applied 3 weeks ago (he already had type) and just this week got the call for the interview.

Erik

Hey JasperDog,
Your friend that just got the call this week, what are his times/experience?

I sent my app Dec 1, 2001, got the letter saying they got my info, but that was the last i have heard.

Latest resources

Back