Superior Aviation Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

speedy

I am being asked to come interview for a Metro CAPT position at Superior Aviation. My question is for anyone who knows anything about the company & process, ie. What is their interview process like? What type of flying do they do (50/50-cargo/pax, day/night, etc...). What are the other pilots like, ie fun to fly with or disgruntled employees? What is their pay like, and what is the cost of living like in Lansing, MI? Anything that anyone has to tell me about Superior would be appreciated. I have already visited their web site: www.superioraviation.com. Thanks in Advance!!!:cool:

far as i know its all cargo. most of the "Spendair" pilots (DEN) i know do UPS feed, which you leave the hub early AM, sit at the outstation all day, then return at 8pm. typical gripes as from all freight guys. you know, maintenance, schedules, and management. they lose about 1 or two planes a year also. good luck and cover your a$$.

LAN is a fairly cheap place to live. There are apartments directly across the street from the airport "driveway" that are dirt cheap. It's pretty ghetto but very convenient. There is also a very happening nightlife on the east side. Superior is virtually all cargo. Their maintenance seems to be fairly good. I was based in IMT for a while and had a chance to visit with the mechanics while they were doing checks on the metros. The planes are old but the MX guys really do seem on the ball in IMT. The money isn't bad either. Good luck.

Two friends of mine have left Superior in the past six months because of maintanence issues on the Metro. Other people that I know have lasted and gone on to bigger and better things. Lansing is a good place to live, but don't get a place near the airport- that's more dangerous than a bad Metro. Either way, good luck!

Hi!

I know a couple of guys that liked it because it got them a job, they got their time, and went on to the regionals.

They called me to see if I was interested in interviewing for a LP MI slot (I don't know if it was Lansing), but I was starting class in a week for TSA so I turned them down.

Good luck!

Cliff
GB,WI

Latest resources

Back