Summer in Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Melvin Rumbaugh

I took an early retirement from my flying job, and will be spending the summer in Alaska. I have flown a lot of different types of planes from J-3 Cubs to Citation Ultea's and LR-20 series. Are there any summer flying jobs in Alaska that might desire a pilot with a little gray in his sideburns?

Mel

I'm going up there this summer for a seasonal gig. Most of the time the hours are long, the pay low. So I’m not sure if I would want this kind of flying if I was retired. If you go knock on some doors, send out some e-mails, with your amount of time you shouldn’t have any trouble if you want to work.

Last edited:
Vladimir Lenin, I already have the Cub, but thanks any way.

I am just looking to keep my hand in flying, and am not particuraly caring what type of flying I find.

I was always more fond of the summers in Rangoon. Or luge lessons. Meat-helmets were nice. Then again, nothing compares to having ones' scrotum ceremoniously shaven....

HUGHE JORGEN,

WTF over?

Melvin,

Try flyalaska.net They seem to have all the info you need in order to find what you might be looking for. I think the membership is fairly low considering you pay for the whole year, if you're low on the fund situation pm me and I'll toss you my login info. I know that L.A.B is hiring but from what I hear the owner is a complete "ahole". It could be a rumor but theres so many "ops" out there I'd avoid them. Good Luck!
Melvin Rumbaugh said:
I took an early retirement from my flying job, and will be spending the summer in Alaska. I have flown a lot of different types of planes from J-3 Cubs to Citation Ultea's and LR-20 series. Are there any summer flying jobs in Alaska that might desire a pilot with a little gray in his sideburns?

Mel

you can also try ADN.com (anchorage daily news). they have some jobs posted in the aviation section. Also, if you wanted to flight instruct, let me know because you can have my job.

Most operators will want you to have 500 hours of Alaska time for insurance purposes.
Do you have any float time?

Latest resources

Back