• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another fourteen year Captain called me last night to say he put his stuff in. Just for the record, that is three in the past week and a half. I am still shocked that fourteen year Captains are trying to leave Netjets. The ship appears to be sinking. Good luck replacing that experience level.

I am still shocked that fourteen year Captains are trying to leave Netjets. The ship appears to be sinking. Good luck replacing that experience level.

Netjets was fortunate to have the right things conspiring in their favor to get this experience level in the first place.
1) High time/ low paid commuter pilots who couldn't get interviews at airlines for political reasons.
2) Career military pilots with few years to offer a major.
3) Age 65 at the majors rule slowing the exodus
4) Retention because of 9/11
5) Flying one's ass off in the early years (like now)
6) A segment of the Lost Generation that was frightened to leave.

These conditions won't repeat themselves and they won't get pilots this cheap again. I think in six to nine months, they might reach the point of no return because of attrition rates. Coughing up the money for salaries will be the least of their problems.

Unless they hire between 400 and 500, we'll be parking tails by Spring of 2016.

Wow. How did you come up with your conclusion? I like this shortage, it will result in more pay for all of us.

I like how you argue that his conclusion is wrong but that his conclusion is also going to get you that contract you want but aren't willing to do anything for.

How are those applications going? Or are you still just hoping that someone else is going to do the heavy lifting so you can make up an excuse why to stay?

The countdown to Omaha is on. Are you ready?

Sometimes the strong have to carry the dead weight. Sometimes they have to write them off for the greater good of the others...

I like how you argue that his conclusion is wrong but that his conclusion is also going to get you that contract you want but aren't willing to do anything for.

How are those applications going? Or are you still just hoping that someone else is going to do the heavy lifting so you can make up an excuse why to stay?

The countdown to Omaha is on. Are you ready?

I like his conclusion, was just asking where he got his info.

15 years for me, I hope to be in class by June/July at a major. Get off the Titanic now.

Another fourteen year Captain called me last night to say he put his stuff in. Just for the record, that is three in the past week and a half. I am still shocked that fourteen year Captains are trying to leave Netjets. The ship appears to be sinking. Good luck replacing that experience level.

15 years for me, I hope to be in class by June/July at a major. Get off the Titanic now.
You will only know at the end of your career if this was the right move, I got a long list of friends that made such moves, like leaving DAL for Pam Am in 1968, FedEx in 1978 for Braniff I, leaving GM Corporate job for People Express in 1982, leaving NJ for USA Jet in 1994, bailing from SWA for DAL in 2000.

It shows you just never know how green the grass is on the other side of the fence.

BTW: A long list of JUS pilots that think that the NJ move would be the best choice of thier career right now, they think the grass is very green over there.

Latest resources

Back