• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe $35K illegal alien flying right seat in an Lr35 air ambulance but my company flies nice Hawkers and F/O start is $46K. Capt pay is averaging $95: ($125K with per diem and OT).

Never consider per diem and ot in any pay scheme. It is soft money that can't be guaranteed.

When pilots or management start quoting soft money that isn't good.

Not saying your doing that but if there was no ot tomorrow would you put that down on your loan application.

Pencil whipping? That's a pretty serious accusation. if you really think this is this case (which it isn't at NJ) then you need to be making formal complaints / inquiry requests.

What department is trying to talk you out of AOG items? It isn't MCC. The guys get reported every time a pilot's feelings get hurt, which lately seems often. Sir, write it up send it in.

The NEF list are approved by numerous entities, are reviewed by the FAA, and the items on those lists don't affect airworthiness. Many still get fixed. Many have to wait until refurb. Scratched countertop due in 2030...so what?

The guys used to ask about pulling circuit breakers because it helps with troubleshooting. This isn't an issue with other operators unless they are intent on slowing progress or hurting the company. Going black and restarting the aircraft solves many problems as you know, but we're not allowed to ask you to do that anymore. Write it up and refuse assisting us, and then when we get there 6 hours later there will be no problem...hence a possible reason you're accusing the company of pencil whipping. Not an approved procedure...how sad, but that's what we deal with.

A pilot reports cabin temp inop in auto, we ask if it works in manual and many times the answer will be "I didn't try". We had one yahoo say "I'm not a test pilot". Really? How are we to narrow things down when the system operates fine on the ground? Thanks buddy.

Go ahead and flame away. You guys tie our hands, then bitch when things don't get fixed right away. I guess it's all part of your game.

Thanks buddy.

GS

Haha if your not understanding what a scratched countertop or chipped corner or ripped leather seat or inop seat means then you don't get it.

These are important things that the owner sees and dragging them out to 2030 doesn't make the owners feel warm and fuzzy. If they aren't able to fix a simple counter top scratch or use duct tape to hold a cabinet closed what else are they passing up on?

So you think an owner leaves a scratch in his car and just doesn't do anything about it? I've had many owners sit down in a chair flip up the table to inspect underneath it because it's the small details that matter and trust me they notice the small details.

If a cabin temp is inop in auto then running it in manual is to see what has failed can be helpful in the troubleshooting process. It isn't ment to be used as a work around to keep the plane flying for the week because that's what happens.

Haha if your not understanding what a scratched countertop or chipped corner or ripped leather seat or inop seat means then you don't get it.

These are important things that the owner sees and dragging them out to 2030 doesn't make the owners feel warm and fuzzy. If they aren't able to fix a simple counter top scratch or use duct tape to hold a cabinet closed what else are they passing up on?

So you think an owner leaves a scratch in his car and just doesn't do anything about it? I've had many owners sit down in a chair flip up the table to inspect underneath it because it's the small details that matter and trust me they notice the small details.

If a cabin temp is inop in auto then running it in manual is to see what has failed can be helpful in the troubleshooting process. It isn't ment to be used as a work around to keep the plane flying for the week because that's what happens.

You missed the point. He tried painting a picture that we defer everything for 15 years. He tried to portray we're not taking care of airplanes on a somewhat public forum. This isn't the case. Of course we would love to see all logbooks clear of discrepancies. if a scratched countertop cannot be repaired, it has to wait for refurb and that is where it will get fixed. If I recall correctly, a full refurb is every 60 months and a smaller interim refurb is every 30 months. We have ways to fix chipped veneer, but it takes time to get the items in and addressed. Inop seats are generally a 10 day item, not 15 years. We try to get them fixed within 3 days. No the stars don't always align in our favor, but we try. As far as taped items, attempts are made to fix them in a reasonable amount of time. No it isn't always done quickly. An owner can have his car fixed while he's away for the weekend. Airplanes are different.

Sometimes the inop auto mode of (insert your favorite system here) doesn't get fixed the next day. Sometimes parts aren't available. Sometimes we don't have a qualified vendor where the aircraft is going that night. We know it sucks too. Again, we'd like these systems cleared off our reports. But you're speaking about a scenario when you know the manual side works. There are times the crew refuses to cooperate and we have to check it out. As I've said...sometimes our guys find a fault and other times they do not. If there is no history, it will get signed off if it checks within MM tolerances. Getting accused of pencil whipping if front of our audience was a sucker punch to the people who are trying to get things done. Have a beef with the EMT, not us.

SG

How do you think NJA is just going to offer you money? What do you think will get that pay raise? You're going to have to fight for it.

Right now you want someone else to do the fighting for you. You want someone else to walk the line in Omaha so you don't have to choose a side. Then you can say NJA didn't give me enough so I'm leaving.

But what did YOU do to get enough? I doubt you'll ever leave. You've got a good little thing going on. You can still say the union is screwing you.

You won't acknowledge things are happening to other pilots because they aren't happening to you.

Let me explain this to you. The gulfstream fleet is very very different than all the other fleets.

As we've seen though with your SCAB posts you won't lift a finger to help out. We all know you'll never leave. Yet you'll actively work AGAINST your fellow pilots to ensure that YOU are taken care of.

I knew you were a POS When I first met you, and you have done everything possible to verify my initial opinion.

8 year old thread people.....

That's how long it took to start negotiations for a successor CBA. Only difference is now we have a spoiled brat wanna be Union buster lawyer at the helm, while before it was simply business with the father of our company.

I knew you were a POS When I first met you, and you have done everything possible to verify my initial opinion.

Yet you don't know me. We've never flown together. Probably have talked for 5 minutes who knows you didn't make an impression. You will sure make one when you scab though.

You do love to insult me personally and tell me to F off. Like that's going to hurt my feelings lol. In the end though I'd rather be a pos and stand up for something than be you when others say to me on the crew van about your postings, "oh yeah he's an idiot."

You haven't been able to back up any single argument. No experience other than a keyboard and some stereotypes. Pilots have told you privately that your wrong. Your answer is that we're scumbags and you're right. Problem is everyone and literally everyone is telling you you're wrong. Even guys who aren't posting here.

So that's still a yes to scabing and a no to Omaha? Just want to make sure I get the score straight. How's the job search going? Everyone knows you'll never leave. You've got a nice little gig no reason to rock the boat.

Remember my offer to fly you out and put you up in Omaha still stands. I'm even throwing in per diem which should sweeten the cheap pilot in you.

Pencil whipping? That's a pretty serious accusation. if you really think this is this case (which it isn't at NJ) then you need to be making formal complaints / inquiry requests.

What department is trying to talk you out of AOG items? It isn't MCC. The guys get reported every time a pilot's feelings get hurt, which lately seems often. Sir, write it up send it in.

The NEF list are approved by numerous entities, are reviewed by the FAA, and the items on those lists don't affect airworthiness. Many still get fixed. Many have to wait until refurb. Scratched countertop due in 2030...so what?

The guys used to ask about pulling circuit breakers because it helps with troubleshooting. This isn't an issue with other operators unless they are intent on slowing progress or hurting the company. Going black and restarting the aircraft solves many problems as you know, but we're not allowed to ask you to do that anymore. Write it up and refuse assisting us, and then when we get there 6 hours later there will be no problem...hence a possible reason you're accusing the company of pencil whipping. Not an approved procedure...how sad, but that's what we deal with.

A pilot reports cabin temp inop in auto, we ask if it works in manual and many times the answer will be "I didn't try". We had one yahoo say "I'm not a test pilot". Really? How are we to narrow things down when the system operates fine on the ground? Thanks buddy.

Go ahead and flame away. You guys tie our hands, then bitch when things don't get fixed right away. I guess it's all part of your game.

Thanks buddy.

GS
Pencil whipping is a reality. I have filed several reports, and as usual the response is "We'll look in to it" and I never hear a thing about it. If I'm seeing it, then everyone else is too. In other words, I believe it is not only a daily occurrence, but an hourly one.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back