• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has he ever heard of the City Of Hope in California. Has he ever heard of Childrens hospital its amazing the things they do to help families with sick kids. I am not saying this to rip on you or him for that matter. I am honestly trying to tell you to explore options working extended days is not the answer there are many places to get help my cousin works for the City Of Hope. He should be at home with his sick child as much as possible loving her or him. That will do more for the recovery than any extended day were he is in some hotel god knows were. Take care of family first and screw NJA and flying.

my buddy is extending because he has a child with leukemia.

but go ahead, keep calling him a money whore. im sure he dont care.

I would wager a guy like that never gave a damn about the backs he had to walk on to get that extra cash. Sympathy's for his kid. Him.......not so much!

People like msculley will have you believe that staffing is not the issue, all the while pushing extended day requests out to pilots who are all too willing. I don't buy it.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't bring my name into the conversaion. I have zero influence over offering extended days to crews other than. FAs.

A hypothetical: say a G crew has the SIC dnif in Paris. meanwhile thereis another crewmember heading home from there by airline. You're saying it's better to ferry across the atlantic to recover the trip a day late than for the pilot just airlining home to accept an extended day if offered? No one like toseeyou guys onfurlough, but losing owners will not speed up recalls.

How often does that a scenario play out? I'm thinking not too often.

If the company needs a pilot bad enough they will cancel the airline home from Europe and put him on the trip. If it results in an after midnight then he gets two extended days plus time recovery. Good for the company and better for the pilot if you ask me. By saying he is hurting the company by not extending is a stretch at best.

At the end of the day the decision and responsibility for that decision rest with CMH, not the pilot.

If the company needs a pilot bad enough they will cancel the airline home from Europe and put him on the trip. If it results in an after midnight then he gets two extended days plus time recovery. Good for the company and better for the pilot if you ask me. By saying he is hurting the company by not extending is a stretch at best.

At the end of the day the decision and responsibility for that decision rest with CMH, not the pilot.

Willy said it for me.

Is NetJets a job you want to come back to? I see a lot of SIC's are looking for a job outside of NetJets. There aren't any upgrades in sight and your pay is capped after 7 years. (I think)

Most of the furloughed pilots I talk to have found better jobs and won't be coming back.

I'd focus my energy on a major airline opportunity.

YOU focus YOUR energy on what YOU need to focus YOUR energy on and don't project your assumptions onto a group of over 400 men and women. And please don't make your decisions to extend or enjoy the 18 day on your assumption that nobody is coming back. If you are not extending and are on the 7/7 than thank you !

Let me through out a new assumption. You and I both won't know how many furloughed pilots will take recall until the ENTIRE process of recalling EVERYBODY is complete. That simple.

my buddy is extending because he has a child with leukemia.

but go ahead, keep calling him a money whore. im sure he dont care.

I am very very sorry to hear about your friends sick child. That is horrible. If he was to set up a fund with the Netjets Family Foundation I will be more than happy to donate to the cause of his child.

Both active and furloughed pilots should be treated as family. Treat us like a family and we WILL return the favor. Don't extend against me; ask me for my help. He might be pleasantly surprised. Please pass this message to him.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't bring my name into the conversaion. I have zero influence over offering extended days to crews other than. FAs.

A hypothetical: say a G crew has the SIC dnif in Paris. meanwhile thereis another crewmember heading home from there by airline. You're saying it's better to ferry across the atlantic to recover the trip a day late than for the pilot just airlining home to accept an extended day if offered? No one like toseeyou guys onfurlough, but losing owners will not speed up recalls.

There is no , "Better" as all situations suck. However, the company already knows the answer to this scenario. The pilot will most likely extend to "help" the company.

I would even bet the company knows that a pilot in this situation will fold like a lawn chair and extend. I would bet money they know this SO well they would not even stage a back up crew in Paris. You can't blame an owner being upset with NJs because a pilot refused to extend. You should blame NJ for not backing up such a trip. It would be better to pull a well rested pilot of out of the hotel than a cranky pilot that just got yanked off his airline home...wouldn't you say?

Isn't that what the owners pay tons of extra bucks per hour for at NJs? Solid backups to their flights...and a pilot extending or not is not what I call a solid backup plan.

What...not enough pilots for this amazing level of service? Gee, I can think of over 400 pilots that would be willing to help maintain this level of service....

Let me refine the request by the OP.

-Stop extending.

-Stop doing the 18 day schedule.

Don't worry guys, its just 750driver picking up the mess that we created.

I haven't done an extended day since I can remember. Maybe 10 years. You are still a whiny little girl. That will never change.

Go back to your hole troll.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back