• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
return to work friday...no vote until first week of july...it all seem like a total bs sham to get us flying again until the end of august when things slow down again...maybe the MEC will all be treated to nice management jobs just like John Ferg

Wait to pass judgment. Remember these are your elected officers. One would hope you put some smart tenacious folks in those positions?

Everyone took a risk by going on strike and nobody should have to return to work until they see, in detail, what their reward was for that risk. You should at least see a semi-detailed summary of the changes and the pay rate tables before the strike ends. You'll never have this much momentum again......what's the rush to get back in the air before the agreement is reviewed by the membership? There shouldn't be any secrets at this point. If you take an agreement now that's barely on par with the low end of the industry it will really look bad a few years down the road and you will be stuck with it for the duration of the agreement as well as the time (years) between the amendable date and the next new contract.

I guess that technically, you still have the right to go out on strike again if the TA gets turned down; I hope that's spelled out in the back to work agreement. I hope the group is happy with the deal and it passes by at a large margin so everyone agrees that the strike was worth it. Good luck and good job maintaining 100% solidarity....that's the way it's done.

Fam62c said it the best. See the goods, THEN decide if you go back to work. But for the MEC to be negotiating 'return to work' without the membership seeing the numbers, is inexcusable!

Starting to smell like another ALPA bend-over job. Let me guess, the MEC are all captains and they get the lion's share of any benefit and screw the FOs. If that ALPA MEC won't even give the executive summary of the contract to the membership before a return to work, I smell a rat. Sounds like the way the ALPA DAL MEC operates.

Last edited:
Starting to smell like another ALPA bend-over job. Let me guess, the MEC are all captains and they get the lion's share of any benefit and screw the FOs. If that ALPA MEC won't even give the executive summary of the contract to the membership before a return to work, I smell a rat. Sounds like the way the ALPA DAL MEC operates.

Could be, could be.....

But it will be a while before you find out.

And, I was not aware the MEC could force it's members back to work from the picket line...NOT GOOD....

So, this could be an ALPA bone-job......

MEC forces it's members back to work...

TA is distributed...

Road shows start..

Then a vote...

etc...

And JUST maybe, ALPA gets the majority.

It's quite possible the TA is structured to do just that.

Good luck....

Two are FO's. Let's wait to see the contract before debating over speculation and misinformaton on the internet.

Latest resources

Back