• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - IT'S ON !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There have been over 100 AirTran buddy passes donated if they are needed...please...if a Spirit guy needs a ride on us call one of our JSC guys on the numbers above.

The word at JetBlue is that Spirit pilots will be allowed to exercise jumpseat travel for at least 30 days. After that time will tell. If Spirit management takes the Spirit pilots out of CASS, then they will still be allowed to travel in the cabin seats/cabin jumpseats. If JetBlue decides to stop it, expect a buddy pass setup similar to AirTran to be set up.

Good luck to the Spirit pilots!!!!

Just my opinion......

FNG

There have been over 100 AirTran buddy passes donated if they are needed...please...if a Spirit guy needs a ride on us call one of our JSC guys on the numbers above.

One addition...if you're going to use a buddy pass put your Spirit ID away and use your Gov't issued ID instead. Gate agents have been notified to not let Spirit pilots on even with buddy passes. I hate this f'n place.

Keep up the fight guys!

Spirit Airlines Update on ALPA Negotiations: Pilots Turn Down 30% Increase over Five Years And A $3,000 Signing Bonus Per Pilot At An Increased Cost of Over $70M USD

Press Release Source: Spirit Airlines On Saturday June 12, 2010, 7:26 am EDT
MIRAMAR, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Spirit Airlines with the help of the National Mediation Board worked tirelessly through the night until 5:00 am to reach a fair and equitable agreement with its pilot union.

***Spirit offered over 30 percent pay increases totaling $70 million over five years, net of productivity improvements.

***At the same time, the pilots would have retained a four-day off break between each and every trip, a feature not found in any other ALPA contract.

***In addition, under the offer each pilot would have received a $3,000 signing bonus.

***The pilots would also receive an eight percent 401-K match in years one through three with an increase to nine percent in year four, while all other Spirit employees only receive a three percent match.

“We are frustrated and disappointed that our pilots have turned down an over 30 percent increase at a cost of over $70 million over five years while disrupting thousands of our customers and jeopardizing the livelihoods of our over 2,000 employees,” said Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ben Baldanza.
As a result of the pilots’ decision to strike, Spirit Airlines flights are cancelled for Saturday, June 12, 2010.
For those customers whose flights are cancelled, Spirit is processing a credit for the full amount of the flight, as well as providing a $100 future flight credit.
Customers who made their reservation prior to May 11, 2010 directly with Spirit and purchased travel insurance should call Travel Guard at 866-877-3191 if their flight has been cancelled.

I see this was put out by Management ( cue the violin ) I'm sure this deal was not as sweet as it sounds.

Last edited:
Spirit Airlines Update on ALPA Negotiations: Pilots Turn Down 30% Increase over Five Years And A $3,000 Signing Bonus Per Pilot At An Increased Cost of Over $70M USD

Press Release Source: Spirit Airlines On Saturday June 12, 2010, 7:26 am EDT
MIRAMAR, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Spirit Airlines with the help of the National Mediation Board worked tirelessly through the night until 5:00 am to reach a fair and equitable agreement with its pilot union.

***Spirit offered over 30 percent pay increases totaling $70 million over five years, net of productivity improvements.

***At the same time, the pilots would have retained a four-day off break between each and every trip, a feature not found in any other ALPA contract.

***In addition, under the offer each pilot would have received a $3,000 signing bonus.

***The pilots would also receive an eight percent 401-K match in years one through three with an increase to nine percent in year four, while all other Spirit employees only receive a three percent match.

“We are frustrated and disappointed that our pilots have turned down an over 30 percent increase at a cost of over $70 million over five years while disrupting thousands of our customers and jeopardizing the livelihoods of our over 2,000 employees,” said Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ben Baldanza.
As a result of the pilots’ decision to strike, Spirit Airlines flights are cancelled for Saturday, June 12, 2010.
For those customers whose flights are cancelled, Spirit is processing a credit for the full amount of the flight, as well as providing a $100 future flight credit.
Customers who made their reservation prior to May 11, 2010 directly with Spirit and purchased travel insurance should call Travel Guard at 866-877-3191 if their flight has been cancelled.

I see this was put out by Management ( cue the violin ) I'm sure this deal was not as sweet as it sounds.

That is a crappy deal...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100612/...irlines_pilots
Quote:
The company said it offered to raise by 30 percent over five years. It would have included work rule changes but would have retained a four-day break between every pilot trip, something the company said no other contract has. The offer also included a $3,000 signing bonus and a larger retirement plan match.
So 30%...ok lets figure this one out Ben:

4 years to negotiate a contract
5 year contract
4 years to negotiate a new contract after the 5 year one
--
13 YEARS

30% / 13 = 2.3%

The historic inflation average is 3.42% from 1913-present, granted it was 2.7% from 2000-2009...so Ben, what you are saying is you are offering a NEGATIVE .4% raise? Get bent!

One addition...if you're going to use a buddy pass put your Spirit ID away and use your Gov't issued ID instead. Gate agents have been notified to not let Spirit pilots on even with buddy passes. I hate this f'n place.

Keep up the fight guys!

ALAP lawsuit...maybe not...airtran management = ****************************** bags, YES!

I guess I should clarify.

As sweet as it sounds to "Joe Public", the intended target of the release.

#@$@#@$ greedy pilots. (roll eyes)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back