• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit dtw base?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a FED(POI) on the jumpseat a few weeks ago. According to him, Spirit is working on a 330 program. Apparently, they are keeping a close tab on Azul as well. I would call BS on this, but this is a very creditable source.

Last edited:
Agreed - Azul in Brazil just added A330s and soon A350s and was primarily a LCC. If Spirit doesn't do it, others will including possibly JetBlue.

Azul is operating in Brazil where TAM is hardly loved and the only other local player for long haul. Totally different environment than the US.

I wouldn't count it out, and wide bodies need not be the exclusive province of long-range international flying either. I could very easily imagine an LCC packing a 330 from NYC-SJU, or similar.

Upgrades aren't critical at places that pay the first officers a living wage.

Talk to somebody that was a career first officer and ask them about their
quality of life.

Believe me, check the APC website, a Spirit F/O makes way more money than you or a commuter pilot Captain.

Talk to somebody that was a career first officer and ask them about their
quality of life.

Believe me, check the APC website, a Spirit F/O makes way more money than you or a commuter pilot Captain.

Well aware, I had to start commuting because living in base as FO wouldn't pay the rent. I don't have a complex needing to be PIC, I just need to pay the bills with some left over to save for retirement.

Latest resources

Back