Spirit Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psw737

Does anyone know if Spirit is hiring, and if so how many pilots they plan on hiring this year? Also how much further expansion do they plan on doing this year? Are they getting more md-80's?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

AEPS Presentation

I listened to the Chief Pilot's presentation at the AEPS job fair and he said they are still planning on growing and adding additional airplanes. Depending on the economy and how things go, I got the impression they could grow up to 50% in the next several years(but slow growth in the short term) and therefore would be hiring people that could make the quick upgrade to Captain. I got the impression they would be hiring possibly 20-30 pilots between now and the end of the year.

I spoke with the director of training and she said they are right now going through the US AIR and other airline furloughees that have previous DC-9 and MD-80 series experience. She implied that once they were through that group of pilots that others with 121 experience would be interviewed.

These are just my impressions. I didn't make notes.

Hope it helps.

Humble

New Hires

Hired two of our ex-pilots, one a DC-9 Captain the other a DA-20 Captain.

Humblepilots reply pretty much covers it. Our CP and manager of training are both straight shooters, and I imagine that the infor they passed at the AEPS fair is the best you could get.

If you didn't know, Spirit is that largest privately held carrier. Meaning that outsided of the owners office, no one really knows what the future holds for NK. We hear lots of rumors, and most turn out to be untrue. What I can verify is that we have hired 16 since last year.

Our route structure is growing and we continue to acquire additional aircraft. If the last six months are indicative, we are getting about one MD80 every two months. I don't have the most current fax number to send in a resume, but a little homework should reveal the number for those who are motivated.

I would encourage those who are interested to make contact. Just because we are presently looking at previous DC9 pilots doesn't mean that they are the only ones hired. Past experience tells me that we tend to hire those who are motivated to work for a carrier who is based in south Florida and that has pilots based in either FLL or DTW.

They are looking at furloughee's eh? What's their practice regarding hiring furloughed guys/gals? Give up seniority number, sign a training contract, quit, no competition contract, or maybe nothing????

Thanks

MM

Latest resources

Back