• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand the whole sitation. Pilots should be paid better.

I was a member of ALPA and I'm not a big fan of them. Thanks to them the company I was working for was closed.
ALPA don't care about their pilots. They all care about themselves.

ALPA did not close your company. Management did. What company would that be? Or are you going to be a ****** and not back up your statement?

Last edited:
*IF* Spirit mgmt was stupid enough to hire for replacement pilots, perhaps you should all flood their inbox with resumes from Hugh Jass, I.P. Frehley, and maybe Harry P. Ness as well.

knowing the number of pilots out of a job these days I don't think is a good time to strike....

I wonder how long it will take to replace those 440 pilots?

I'll bet anyone if they post a pilot position today? They would get swamp with resumes.

The sad thing in aviation is that pilots are pilots worst enemies.

Yet....they could not find more than 2 pilots to cross their picket line among the thousands of professional pilots we have today here in the US. I think you are wrong on this one. I don't think Spirit will get anywhere close to 440 scabbers....let alone 50.

ALPA did not close your company. Management did. What company would that be? Or are you going to be a ****** and not back up your statement?

I will step in on that one. EAL. ALPA made all kind of promises to the pilot group, ( like don't worry, where ever the A/C will go pilots will also go with seniority). I was 25 when EAL went on strike . I was blesses and came out ahead. There where a lot of broken families and suicides . Very sad and as far as I see it ALPA has it own agenda and could care less aobut the ones that do not fit into there plan. Made simple ALPA SUCKS :)

PS thanks for letting vent

I will step in on that one. EAL. ALPA made all kind of promises to the pilot group, ( like don't worry, where ever the A/C will go pilots will also go with seniority). I was 25 when EAL went on strike . I was blesses and came out ahead. There where a lot of broken families and suicides . Very sad and as far as I see it ALPA has it own agenda and could care less aobut the ones that do not fit into there plan. Made simple ALPA SUCKS :)

PS thanks for letting vent

I was referring to the company se1776 worked for but ALPA closed it. Not EAL but I will respond to your post:

You fail to mention that EAL was already on the downward slope thanks to Borman and Lorenzo who delivered the fatal blow. Those bozos mismanaged and robbed EAL respectively.

The strike as you may know was a Machinist strike with pilots along for the ride as sympathizers. Perhaps it was the wrong decision for the Pilots to join in but regardless with Lorenzo at the helm it was already over before it began. Which confirms that management destroyed EAL and not ALPA. Yes indeed it was a bad time but you can thank that POS Lorenzo for it not ALPA. Why do you think that pr*ck was banned from having anything to do with airlines?

Last edited:
knowing the number of pilots out of a job these days I don't think is a good time to strike....

You cannot control the economy, profitability, route system, number of aircraft..... all you can do is demand a fair wage. If you are afraid to do that because of what management is telling you about the gloom and doom, PLEASE step aside. You are hurting the profession.

Latest resources

Back