Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Relic01

Hi,

I'm getting ready for my CFI checkride and the last holdup is my spin training. I have been looking around for reputable but reasonable places to do the spin training and it has been very difficult. Anyone with info on someone/someplace providing training in the NE (within a 100-200 NM of 33N-Delaware Airpark), please post here or drop me an email at [email protected] Looking to do training this week or next. Thanks.

Antonio

P.S. By the way, I'm 6'2" and 250 LBS.

Spin Training

What does your instructor say you should do? Your instructor should have some resources.

Good luck with the rest of your training and with your practical.

Didya check with Dawn @ ILG?

Dunno personally, it's been a few years since I've been there, but they were a pretty big school back in the day! Must've done more than a few CFI candidates...

Chunk

CFI training

Try Bruce Everett at Doylestown, PA (DYL, about 30nm nne of phl, new york sectional or phl term. chart) You can get his number from the FBO Leading Edge Aviation at 215-340-0707. He has a pitts he instructs in and access to a citabria or decathlon and others if you don't fit but you should in his S2B. He has done many CFI spin sign-off including mine and students I taught CFI stuff too. He gives you a discount for the CFI spin training off his acro instruction rate. He's a good instructor/pilot/guy with allot of acro and instruction time.

Hope it helps and good luck

Actually, I cannot do the spin training at my school because we have the piper tomahawk for spin training. Our weight will outside the envelope or pretty darn close.

Dawn Aero was bought by another company. It is now called Delaware Skyways. The prices are pretty steep and I like to shop around for a little bit more.

I'll be giving Bruce Everett a call. Thanks for the replies.

Antonio

Was going to PM you when I saw the height and weight and realized that we couldn't get to the practice area in the C-152.

So, how about Nancy Lynn in her Extra 300 at Bay Bridge Airport in Stevensville, MD. NOT CHEAP. But you will get a whole lot more than just a spin endorsement.

How about your CFI and a utility category capable C-172? I think you'd still make it inside the envelop. Unfortunately, I do not have access to such an airplane.

Bob McQuiggan (spelling) at Cross Keys, NJ (17N) is a pretty intense spin training guy. He usually does stuff in a C-152 Aerobat but he may have a Utility C-172 in his stable at Lewis Aviation.

Good luck and have fun.

Latest resources

Back