• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

4day

Total Time
Lots
A great post from a newhire FO at SW. 82 likes as well.

Sorry this is harsh, but if you wanted to keep costs down, you should have brought the Air Tran pilots in at first year pay. Good will was keeping the bulk of their seniority and all the benefits that go along with that seniority. Paying wages with their accrued longevity at another airline was overkill.

By DaXXd RXXXs,Dec 21, 2012 at 3:20pm

82 people like this comment Vote up!

freightdogfred

Malcontent
Total Time
Mucho
A great post from a newhire FO at SW. 82 likes as well.

Sorry this is harsh, but if you wanted to keep costs down, you should have brought the Air Tran pilots in at first year pay. Good will was keeping the bulk of their seniority and all the benefits that go along with that seniority. Paying wages with their accrued longevity at another airline was overkill.

By DaXXd RXXXs,Dec 21, 2012 at 3:20pm

82 people like this comment Vote up!
separate water fountains might be a good idea too...

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
Yawn.

If there's one thing this board has proven, it's that no airline has a monopoly on dumbasses.

pilotyip

Total Time
I had an interview scheduled at Value Jet in May 1996, it was a week after the crash. I didn't go.

Freebrd

Total Time
So how'd that work out? You coulda been a SWA pilot now! :)

pilotyip

Total Time
So how'd that work out? You coulda been a SWA pilot now! :)
They cancelled all interviews I think, I even had my $10,000 in the bank to pay for my training in the DC-9.

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
Remember the Morris 7.
please team me more about the Morris-7... almost went to work there just before they got acquired by SWA..PM if you prefer

pilotyip

Total Time
There would be no SWA and 737's without the leap in technology by the B-29. The B-29 was such a hugh leap in aircraft capability. In 1941 it took 7 days to go from Washington DC to Guam on a Pam Am Flying Boat. In the spring of 1945 Curtis LeMay was called to DC to be briefed on the Atomic Bomb. He flew in a B-29, one stop at Hawaii and then non-stop DC. Round trip less than three days. In 1944 the B-29 was being flown in combat still basically in a prototype stage of development. It caused Hap Arnold, its father, at least two heart attacks.

BTW the B-29 at $5B 1945 dollars was the most expensive project of WWII, cost per airplane over $1M each for the 3500 produced, the second most expensive project was Radar, and the Bomb came in third.​

Freebrd

Total Time
whaaaattttt?????? ya can git a used Brasilia cheaper than that