• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh no Ami, you are flying for the B scale at the RJ level unless those RJ's are owned by the mainline. Checkout Jetblue, highest RJ pay, they own the jets.

Is this English? I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

"That's as much as I'm really able to do at this point as well. I'm at the "acceptance" stage of grief. I've fully vetted what I've lost, year by year, assuming certain growth percentages, bases, quality of life over there per the most recent bid packs, etc., what I eventually benefit from it years from now, and I've come to terms with it for the most part."

Oh boo hoo...your boss put you up for sale, you were willing to strike at AAI and take the company down in 2009, you turned down SL9 (pay, domicile, seats) and then blinked at GK's "threat"...now poor Lear HAS A F'in job at SWA, the last job he will ever have to get...such a horrible tragedy! Get over it!
I WOULD say we'll see how YOU like it when you're going from having your pick of senior lines with 18 days off with upgrade less than 2 years away to looking at going back on reserve or commuting 5+ hours to be a bottom line holder, flying twice as much with people who cluelessly think "you won the lottery", and upgrade close to 60, but Gary's got your back, so I guess that'll never happen.

Here's a news flash, genius: we were NEVER going to have to strike. The company would have given in and we'd have found a middle ground at the 11th hour. It's just what happens when you have a profitable company and you're asking for a compensation package that's WELL within the company's financials. So every time you guys bring up our strike vote like it's important or germaine to this situation, we all just roll our eyes and laugh at you.

I'm looking at equal money when I get there (would have upgraded by the end of the transition at a stand-alone AAI) with crap quality of life for the next 5-7 years while sitting in the right seat for the next decade and a half. How else do I have to spell it out for you? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Why don't YOU get over the FACT that not all of us are overjoyed because of the way we got steamrolled by your management team for YOUR benefit, so it's going to TAKE A WHILE before we "get over it".

If you don't like what I write, don't read it. Put me on your ignore list and then you don't have to listen to it. Mkay?

Like I said, those of you who took the time to really try to understand our position, per my previous post, thank you.

It's not going to all be magically OK overnight, DEAL with the fact that people are going to speak up when you say inflammatory, offensive, or erroneous things.

/rant

WE all have choices;) SWA is not the only flying job out there.

Unfortunately, thanks to Kolski and Klaus, I don't have alternatives that generate comparable career earnings and eventual Quality of Life.

You're stuck with me. ;)

That said, as long as people don't say retarded things like "Get over it" and make assinine statements about our strike vote, like that had anything to do with the SLI results or the cost of tea in China or anything else, I'm slowly coming to terms with it, which was the point of my post until Captain America had to be an a$$ about it.

Most of the rest of our pilots are the same way. We'll get there, and those of you who are being cool about it are helping.

On Gulfstream, you're absolutely right. Stupid decision, but I didn't know any better at the time.

As far as Pinnacle, no regional pilot is "putting the screws to the majors flying an RJ." Legacy pilots have given away that flying in their contract negotiations in exchange for pay, work rules, retirement, or whatever else they've felt was more important than scope. No RJ pilot should ever be blamed for mainline outsourcing. As far as Pinnacle's pay, it was industry standard when I was hired. And for AirTran, again, industry standard pay at the time I was hired.

BUT! SWAPA has NO DOMESTIC codeshare in their contract. The only MAJOR Airline to have that. That is awesome, I thought you were a Union man. Where is the props for that? Plus, only one international code-share partner allowed - Volaris

BUT! SWAPA has NO DOMESTIC codeshare in their contract. The only MAJOR Airline to have that. That is awesome, I thought you were a Union man. Where is the props for that? Plus, only one international code-share partner allowed - Volaris

I do give you "props" for that. Of course, it hasn't really been a fight to hold on to it yet. If you still hold on to it when management makes it a cornerstone issue on their end of the negotiations, then I'll be impressed.

This is the exact reason you knew any merger with SW wouldn't go well. A combination of..

A more senior pilot group.
Non~ ALPA carrier
and large differences in QOL and yes..PAY.

But instead of taking the first deal, you basically tried to stonewall for arbitration while telling your members that the SW pay would be coming anyway. Horrible decision.

Was this the reason for recall?

"Why don't YOU get over the FACT that not all of us are overjoyed because of the way we got steamrolled by your management team for YOUR benefit, so it's going to TAKE A WHILE before we "get over it".

NEWSFLASH: Hey "Genius" we get the fact you wanted more of our seniority as well as pay/benefits...that was all going to come at the expense of RSW pilots...no you didn't get a slam dunk but if you had gotten all you wanted it would have been a huge windfall for you at the RSW pilot's expense...I don't feel bad for you and you should GET OVER IT...

Delta is the king of outsourcing. To try and compare SW to that operation is laughable.

The other funny part is PCL acts like SWAPA are bumbling idiots. When it's been ALPA over all these years that has allowed outsourcing and B-scales. SWAPA has long held the line when ALPA hasn't.

Your such a hypocrite. Knowing where you came from and now your the bucking rep for the anti outsourcing? Convenient for you to slam the "king of outsourcing(Delta/NWA) " you sucked off. Now at SWA you are the holier than thou anti "outsourcing" guy. What a joke. But hey "southwest would never do that"! Do as I say not as I did?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back