Southwest will not hire flight options or flex jet pilots

hawkerfun

Total Time
I find this hard to believe. A friend is on the board for hiring at southwest. With flight option/ flex jet getting rid of the union, southwest said no to them. Anyone hired by southwest since the union was gotten rid of? Just wondering

Pervis

Total Time
12000+
This a surprise to you? The only company in the aviation industry to decertify a union? The sad part is those that supported the union are being penalized as well. No way to prove how one voted. BTW, how is that raise Ricci promised?

bafanguy

Total Time
With flight option/ flex jet getting rid of the union, southwest said no to them. Anyone hired by southwest since the union was gotten rid of?
If you're saying that Options/Flex pilots hired were summarily dismissed from SWA following union decert at their previous employers, I'd have to see unequivocal proof of that. I must be misreading something in your post. Unions don't do the hiring, companies do. Unions may express opinions but don't have the final say in hiring.

I'mBack

Total Time
I work for Flexjet and know of at least 3 guys that went to SWA. Hawkerfun does not know what he's talking about. Union's do not have any say in who gets hired. They negotiate themselves into the process for the sole purpose of selling their existence. Beware of these false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Union Stewards).

DirtyBeech

The Last Starfighter
Total Time
Enough
I find this hard to believe. A friend is on the board for hiring at southwest. With flight option/ flex jet getting rid of the union, southwest said no to them. Anyone hired by southwest since the union was gotten rid of? Just wondering
At one point following the decert I think former DAC pilots were 0-16 or 0-18 at WN. I’m sorry. That’s not a coincidence.

However, I have heard of at least one being hired since that run.

bafanguy

Total Time
Sorry but what are "former DAC pilots" ?

DirtyBeech

The Last Starfighter
Total Time
Enough
Directional Aviation Capital. The parent company of the Flex/Flops group.

bafanguy

Total Time
Dirty,

Thanks.

GlorifiedCabbie

Total Time
15+
Just to clarify something, the DAC pilot that was terminated from SWA was terminated for a reason other than his union participation, or lack thereof.

SDCFI

Registered Offender
Total Time
Just to clarify something, the DAC pilot that was terminated from SWA was terminated for a reason other than his union participation, or lack thereof.
When the hell did this happen, and why wasn't I told?!

IWorkAtSpirit

Total Time
something tells me you guys are still all full of sh**. I'm pretty sure that many people didn't make the cut in the interviews due to being shi*** people. Good friends had left and work there now so I would love the proof. What do I know though? #Iworkatspirit

Dirty Squirrel

Total Time
10,XXX
They are full of it. I personally know three guys who went to SWA since IBT crumbled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk