• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilot Holds Plane For Murdered Child's Family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My airliine, a major probably wouldn't do that but before we were purchased by the major, I am sure we would have done the same thing. I love SWA. They know how to take care of people.

My airliine, a major probably wouldn't do that but before we were purchased by the major, I am sure we would have done the same thing. I love SWA. They know how to take care of people.

"a major probably wouldn't do that but before we were purchased by the major, I am sure we would have done the same thing."

Is it me or are you drunk??

Cheers

I agrre with hyflyin....this has nothing to do with glorifying southwest....at all.. it is about humanity and kindness and love and sympathy. stop using every situation even tragedy to glorify southwest. and don't insist at all that every other airline ( my achin a$$) would have done it different. you're slamming five thousand other captains you moron!!!!!!

That's why SWA is always going to stay number one. Any other airline would have gone out of their way to intentionally inflict more emotional pain on the guy just for the fun of it.

Top notch effort. I guess there is a shred of humanity left in this business.

Chq, in case you haven't figured it out yet. SWA is successful do to its management. Its employees have helped continue that success. If its management had changed its style, SWA would be a completely different animal.

hyflyin,

Why do you have to take an act of kindness and turn it into a hate event?

You don't like SWA. Fine. What this guy did was top shelf.

Gup

No, I am not drunk. I said major airlines don't care about passengers as much as SWA. My little airline on the west coast was just like SWA. Now we treat passengers just like all the other major airlines. They don't matter. It is sad but true. Being retired helps not dwelling on it.

hiflyin did not turn this into a hate event, but chqflyer lit the match with his "all other airlines would have left them " remark...that was in point of contention...

the guy deserves an atta boy for sure, but don't make this about SWA pilots being holier than thou please....

There are Captains and there are guys who just sit in the left seat, this guy is a Captain. One of the biggest problems this entire industry has is a big lack of real Captains, and no lack of guys who just sit in the left seat.

Put a comma after the major and your problems are solved. Why is life this complicated for you? Calling people drunk for leaving out a comma is really strange. Have a rum and coke and relax for God's sake.

EWR FO

This problem didn't happen until recently. I retired 7 years ago landing at the most demanding airports and feel from what I have read that things have changed in that time. It is sad. I hope pilots will not let automation take them out of the loop in flying the aircraft. An event will happen some day that will require a manual approach and landing and I hope somebody can do it. It isn't that hard but somebody has to know how to do it.

Latest resources

Back