• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilot Holds Plane For Murdered Child's Family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's why SWA is always going to stay number one. Any other airline would have gone out of their way to intentionally inflict more emotional pain on the guy just for the fun of it.

Top notch effort. I guess there is a shred of humanity left in this business.

That's why SWA is always going to stay number one. Any other airline would have gone out of their way to intentionally inflict more emotional pain on the guy just for the fun of it.

Good job by the Southwest pilot. But don't assume for a second that Southwest has a monopoly on pilots who would do that. I have held flights many times to get someone on. All it takes is someone to give me the information so I know to hold it.

Nice job!!

The key here is someone other than the pilots cared enough to let other people know the situation. That information doesn't always get to the flightcrew at some airlines. If it does, I think almost all of us would have done the same thing. Getting people to care about other people these days is the solution to most of our problems as a society. Doing so in a busines will only make your business that much better than the other guys as this story clearly shows.

No amount of advertising money can buy the goodwill this one act will give SWA. Other airlines will be able to compete with SWA on paper, but what they can't compete with is the people. This coming from a Delta guy who knows we can compete on costs, but will lose big time in ATL when it comes to people and caring about the customers.

I think sometimes you have to ignore company rules and do what is right. I reopened the stairs on a B737 at anchorage one day to let late Flying Tiger FA's on board. Also in Seatle waited for an old lady's cat they forgot on the other side of the airport on the last flight of the night. She would have been hearbroken and I didn't explain the delay.

This has nothing to do with SWA, it has to do with a shred of humanity, which most pilots in the industry have.

Don't worry, one day you will meet someone who will write you a rec for SWA, you don't have to kiss their a** on a public web board. :puke:

Kudos to the man who held the a/c, first class!!!!

Latest resources

Back