• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest evaluates -800's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love it! You guys think we work sooo hard! 6 legs this, 6 legs that. 4 years, and have done that once. Oh and if we work hard we get paid more. This is hilarious to watch all the energy wasted on the same ol sh!t...

P.S. I dont give a sh!t how many cities i fly to, or where those cities are. By the way its 68, not 62 cities, but whos counting :)

I love it! You guys think we work sooo hard! 6 legs this, 6 legs that. 4 years, and have done that once. Oh and if we work hard we get paid more. This is hilarious to watch all the energy wasted on the same ol sh!t...

P.S. I dont give a sh!t how many cities i fly to, or where those cities are. By the way its 68, not 62 cities, but whos counting :)

It's 69 cities; yes, it really is!

C'mon Bill, really? Seems overly simplistic to me. Have you forgotten People Express, Frank Lorenzo, Chapter 11, etc and their effects on industry pay/benefits ?? Maybe it's just me thinking they had some impact on our profession. And blaming RJ's on SWA too -- nice, pure genius!! Here I was thinking Comair/Delta Connection was doing it, with DALPA approval, to upgrade their "regional" service from their Saab fleet as a way to help keep high yield business travelers.

In truth as a neutral guy I have to say both airlines would offer great career prospects. Each has its pros and cons but overall would be a great place to call home. But, as an outside FI observer it seems the SWA guys tend to be more in a defensive mode as opposed to the few OAL guys pointing fingers ...

MT,

True comments. You are right, there were other factors. If you read between the lines of my statement, WE major pilots have no one to blame for releasing the scope.....the downward PRESSURE on wages and benefits, productivity, wages and Luv came from many of the factors you listed but SWA can't be left out of the usual suspects lineup.......Southwest had a hand in it......In fact, read the DAL bankruptcy transcripts and the executives made a point of bringing them up and their productivity.

Hence my point......

Apples to oranges my friend.....500+ destinations and you guys just cherrypick....

Seriously, you think you could expend some of the hard earned capital and make your profit machine cough up for some training? There, oh snap....now I've done it....

cue Scope in 3....2.....1.....(Mark)

Interesting observation. Though I would venture a guess that far more SWA threads have been hijacked by Delta dudes (like this one), than the other way around.

Sorry about the thread hijack.....

No kidding....

Scope only likes to stalk me.
Mustve seen me at a hotel gym and is hoping I'm a little bit gay. Sorry geek- not gonna happen.
And yes- wn threads are always hijacked by the haters. I don't care if you do or don't like your job- why do you care so much about mine?

As for 69 cities- what? Delta doesn't go to all those destinations to make a profit? You make it sound like delta was approached by Reagan and asked to add those cities for the good of the nation.
And as for apples to oranges- I agree- right up to the point an 86 seat rj flew from SLC-ATL- hub to hub- which you guys allowed AFTER you were out of bankruptcy. Care to know how many times I've seen rj's fly SLC-LAX? Or ATL-ORD?
Yeah... I'm gonna have to disagree that those markets OR those planes are too small for mainlone sellouts.
Fix your own screwed up house before criticizing anyone else. DALPA has been a huge part of the problem. And ALWAYS remember- every time you get "fed" over the atlantic or pat yourself on the back over how good your life is doing those 2 leg 3 days- you're enjoying that off the backs of commuter pilots you sold out who ought to be on your seniority list.

Last edited:
Scope only likes to stalk me.
Mustve seen me at a hotel gym and is hoping I'm a little bit gay.
Unless you're talking the hotel in Athens, or Istanbul, then no, I haven't seen you. And no I don't hope you're gay, I know you're gay. You stated it!

Sorry geek- not gonna happen.

Thank God for that....Make sure and tell your man that, I'm sure he's worried.

And yes- wn threads are always hijacked by the haters. I don't care if you do or don't like your job- why do you care so much about mine?
I really could care less about you or your pay for training job. It is when you pass the buck on the ills of the industry and forget to look in the mirror. (or is cause you're flexing those abs for that man?)

As for 69 cities- what? Delta doesn't go to all those destinations to make a profit? You make it sound like delta was approached by Reagan and asked to add those cities for the good of the nation.
And as for apples to oranges- I agree- right up to the point an 86 seat rj flew from SLC-ATL- hub to hub- which you guys allowed AFTER you were out of bankruptcy. Care to know how many times I've seen rj's fly SLC-LAX? Or ATL-ORD?
My bet says you can't count that high, unless you're talking pay for training......

Yeah... I'm gonna have to disagree that those markets OR those planes are too small for mainlone sellouts.
Or we could just think how less we'd have to work if it wasn't for the swapa sellouts on age 65, their crappy work rules, and the origional inventors of pay for training.

Fix your own screwed up house before criticizing anyone else. DALPA has been a huge part of the problem. And ALWAYS remember- every time you get "fed" over the atlantic or pat yourself on the back over how good your life is doing those 2 leg 3 days- you're enjoying that off the backs of commuter pilots you sold out who ought to be on your seniority list.
I find it a riot that you continue to suck the sack of swapa that sold you out on your "quick upgrade," after spending all that money to buy your job, on age 65......
Then, you have the stones to point the finger elsewhere that someone is a sellout. Clean up your own house before pointing fingers Fidel.....That is of course if you can keep them off that "special man" in your life.
BTW wave, how's that stagnation treating you?:laugh:
At least you'll be growing by trading in some of those older 73-300's for some "heavy" 737-800's.....

Last edited:
Scope, what is it with your creepy fixation with SWA, SWAPA, calling others gay and bringing their mothers into your rant?
Clean up your own mess with RJ's and scope'em out. Any progress on this issue?
Last look still has RJ's doing a lot of mainline flying.
One thing is to have it as your screen name, the other is to get off your butt and do something about it. Instead of people seeing you as a colossal a--hole, I personally would like to read about how you lead your pilot group as the first one to separate mainline flying from a regional. That would speak volumes. Otherwise, all we have is a collection of 1600+ posts of nothing but senseless BS.
BTW, when you call waveflyer a 'sellout', explain RJ's? How did they get mainline flying at your airline? Senior pilots selling out the junior pilots? I've got mine, the heck with you?

Waiting for your non-articulate, immature response in....3...2.....1...

Unless you're talking the hotel in Athens, or Istanbul, then no, I haven't seen you. And no I don't hope you're gay, I know you're gay. You stated it!

Thank God for that....Make sure and tell your man that, I'm sure he's worried.

I really could care less about you or your pay for training job. It is when you pass the buck on the ills of the industry and forget to look in the mirror. (or is cause you're flexing those abs for that man?)

My bet says you can't count that high, unless you're talking pay for training......

Or we could just think how less we'd have to work if it wasn't for the swapa sellouts on age 65, their crappy work rules, and the origional inventors of pay for training.

I find it a riot that you continue to suck the sack of swapa that sold you out on your "quick upgrade," after spending all that money to buy your job, on age 65......
Then, you have the stones to point the finger elsewhere that someone is a sellout. Clean up your own house before pointing fingers Fidel.....That is of course if you can keep them off that "special man" in your life.
BTW wave, how's that stagnation treating you?:laugh:
At least you'll be growing by trading in some of those older 73-300's for some "heavy" 737-800's.....

Scope, When you finally sit down on the side of the bed with a handgun pointed at your head, please for the love of God, make sure it's loaded!

Latest resources

Back