Southwest & Circling Aproach restriction

Little Deuce

Total Time
Could someone please pass on information on how Southwest would view a restriction for VFR circle on the B-737 Type Rating?

Would you need it removed or does it not matter?

Thank you.

StarrBuck

Total Time
SWA is not authorized to conduct circle to land approaches with conditions less than 1000/3, making it a visual approach. However when I received the "thumbs up, go get your type rating" notice a few months ago they stated that they required a "unrestriced" 737 Typerating. Don't know if they will want you to have it removed if you already have it though. I'd call the people department and ask..They are really helpfull.

Hope that helps!

S.B.

SWA Bubba

Total Time
>10000
Could someone please pass on information on how Southwest would view a restriction for VFR circle on the B-737 Type Rating?

Would you need it removed or does it not matter?

Thank you.
You're probably okay, as we don't require the type rating anymore. I would think that a "restricted" type rating isn't any worse than no type rating. Just to be sure, call the People Dept to get the final word.

Bubba

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
You're probably okay, as we don't require the type rating anymore. I would think that a "restricted" type rating isn't any worse than no type rating. Just to be sure, call the People Dept to get the final word.

Bubba
I think you've been hornswoggled again, Bubba . . . . :pimp:

I think Uncle Bunkle could use a taste of his own foul medicine