Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
S

Snoop

with the jet4jobs proposal? Our MEC is giving us good points against, at least for now, and has stated that a few others are not going with it.. Any other comments or info would be greatly appreciated.. Also, a question I have gotten 3 different answers and I haven't found an answer to myself.. Do you need an ATP to get a type rating??

Jet$Jobs?

I've been off the board for a long while and away from work for a week now. Maybe you can enlighten me on what you are talking about (Jet4Jobs proposal)?
Thanks

ATP Type Rating

You do not need an ATP to obtain a type rating. You will just have a commercial type without any real practical value. My advise would be to wait until you meet the ATP mins (looks like 600 hours for you). The type rating/ATP check ride is EXACTLY the same. You will kill 2 birds with one stone.

It also would not hurt you to have a little more experiance prior to your training. I think you will see that would be the best course of action.

Good Luck

Do indeed appreciate the advice.

I just figured that if the whole gov't paying it was available, it moght be a good idea to take advantage of it. But waiting might have its points as well. It is just **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** frustrating sitting around waiting and actively(fruitlessly) job searching..

Contract Carriers

If all the contarct carriers would vote down the whole Jets 4 Jobs program US Airways will be forced to get regional jets anyways. Where will they get these jets, they will get them from contract carriers. US Airways already said they cannot afford the capital to buy new jets (lease them what ever). Now the contarct carriers will probably get all the new jets without having Mainline furloughees' on the top of your seniority list.

I realize the pilots at Trans States and Mesa probably won't have the chance to vote on it because their managemnet pretty much does what they want when it comes to growing the airline. If this isn't accurate please correct me. My friends at these carriers tell me they really don't have a say in the matter. I just hope you do have the chance to vote this down just like Skywest did. Their pilots voted it down by a margin of 5 to 1.

Latest resources

Back