• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something I have not seen posted.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It may seem like it benefits the truly selfish in the short term, but once the Union goes away, they lose all the bribes they collected to buy their votes. Remember what red label is really supposed to be: three pilots staffing each airplane. Run it like a corporate flight department and fly it like a fractional. So those guys will have 4-6 days off a month. And don't forget what Kenn says in the first Roundtable video (at the 1:30 mark) about the airplanes needing to be available for 16 hours a day. Forget the 14 hour scheduled duty limit. Add 100% rolling rest and suddenly it's not much of a life for the truly selfish at that point.

Selfish in that when $$$ gets thrown someone’s way and they take it knowing they are stepping over someone with greater seniority. Like it or not, seniority seems to be the only workable solution for a large group of pilots. Seems to work very well at the airlines. There have been cases where some pilots pushed for things like being able to sell vacation (fly more for more $$$). While lucrative for a small group for a short term, it would ultimately hinder growth and hiring as the company could then do more with fewer. Then people would complain about growth and seat progression. In many cases, the union would prevent pilots from hurting themselves. With no
Union, who gets to upgrade? Who determines pay, qol, etc? Can you imagine an owners wife saying, son you really look tired. Should you be flying? I’m not sure, but I have bills to pay and can’t risk not flying when your husband explodes and asks for me to be fired.

If the 1108 as we know it a Flexjet had true Unity as you claim, then there wouldn’t be a decert vote in progress. The current Flexjet 1108 representatives are a bunch of self loathing self centered with a God complex attitude. It’s time for you to be gone, just like all the other outfits you’ve been kicked out of, your just not worth the headache. Vote NO representation! And yes 2n will always get the Union he deserves, it just won’t be the 1108.

If the 1108 as we know it a Flexjet had true Unity as you claim, then there wouldn’t be a decert vote in progress. The current Flexjet 1108 representatives are a bunch of self loathing self centered with a God complex attitude. It’s time for you to be gone, just like all the other outfits you’ve been kicked out of, your just not worth the headache. Vote NO representation! And yes 2n will always get the Union he deserves, it just won’t be the 1108.

Please tell us about the alternative.

<crickets>

It really does not matter which union you are in because they all work together so saying one is not good enough because 2N says so. He will have the same problem with any union that says no once in a while. And just so you know, the Teamsters are not bad people, they are the same as you and me. They would never stop you from getting a pay rise or extra vacation or bonus but people try to make out they are stopping the company improving itself. Only one person playing that game like a kid in his sandbox.
You are still not telling us how things will get better without representation. We know all about the desert vote but that does not say much about anything.

Please tell us about the alternative.

<crickets>

This drive IS about decertifying the Teamsters and and nothing else. When I've spoken to others, for the most part, they are not anti-union. They are anti-Teamsters.

As a Flex original, I thought the smart play was to "give Kenn a year", like he asked. Everything we heard about Kenn from the Teamsters was how awful he is and how much our life will be hell. As Flexjet pilots, we had to make a choice whether to believe the Teamsters or Kenn Ricci. We had not lived under Kenn long enough to know if what you guys said was BS or not. I took my chances by voting no the first election.

This time, Kenn asked for a year again. If he doesn't deliver, than the pilot group can organize once again. Who's going to want us? We'll cross that bridge if we have to, but I doubt we will. In my opinion, the last thing Kenn wants to do is to cause a union to come back after one is voted out.

- - - Updated - - -

I support the NJASAP 100%, and the union PROS far outweigh the CONS

I wouldn’t say that this is a benefit of not having a union, but one thing that most of us (or maybe all of us) complain about is that the union has the obligation to defend the trouble makers. Just flew with a guy who said he usually fatigues twice a week, whether he works hard or not, and he won’t start work earlier than 8am two days in a row....

A check airman told me the stats of Flex vs. Options pilots calling fatigue. It was mind-blowingly lopsided!

This drive IS about decertifying the Teamsters and and nothing else. When I've spoken to others, for the most part, they are not anti-union. They are anti-Teamsters.

As a Flex original, I thought the smart play was to "give Kenn a year", like he asked. Everything we heard about Kenn from the Teamsters was how awful he is and how much our life will be hell. As Flexjet pilots, we had to make a choice whether to believe the Teamsters or Kenn Ricci. We had not lived under Kenn long enough to know if what you guys said was BS or not. I took my chances by voting no the first election.

This time, Kenn asked for a year again. If he doesn't deliver, than the pilot group can organize once again. Who's going to want us? We'll cross that bridge if we have to, but I doubt we will. In my opinion, the last thing Kenn wants to do is to cause a union to come back after one is voted out.

- - - Updated - - -

A check airman told me the stats of Flex vs. Options pilots calling fatigue. It was mind-blowingly lopsided!

It’s only anti-Teamster because the majority of decert voters haven’t bothered to educate themselves about their choices. It’s the 1108 or nothing. All other avenues were explored last time, and FJ was turned down by every one but the 1108.

In house? A grievance costs $125,000 to settle in court. Supposing every cent went to grievance settlement and nothing was required elsewhere the FJ pilot group would have about 16 grievances to settle per year for 600ish pilots. Welcome to having no teeth.

Saying, “oh, we can organize again in a year if Ricci treats us bad” ignores the fact that you’ve just given yourself 2-3 years of hell before another union, and it’ll be the 1108, can get back on property.

Btw, Kenn is 0 for 3 with regards to just giving him a chance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me four times, and you’re a f’ing idiot. Thinking he’s going to behave THIS time to keep a union off property is naive in the extreme. He’s a scheister, a con man, believes in underpaying the majority of his employees and doesn’t feel overly constrained by the law. But I’ll give him this, he’s consistent about it. And he seems to have no lack of blinder sporting pilots who’ll ignore his consistent past in the hopes he’ll do better this time. And that’s why he’s going to run roughshod over you. Just like he always does.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, Kenn bought us December 2013. The election was December 2015. Now, I'm not a math major, but I'm pretty sure that's 2 YEARS FOR KENN. How many more years are we going to give him? 2 years is enough. I'm original Flex too, and this false assumption that Kenn didn't get his chance is ridiculous! Vote IBT Airline Division. Give the Union one year of section 6, and then you can decert if we don't have better.

And that check airman forgot to tell you we (original Flexjet pilots) have almost three times as many downlink sick calls as the Options pilots. In other words, we are afraid to call in fatigued because of the intimidation. So we burn our PTO instead. If you compare the numbers, they are quite close. But don't let facts stand in your way.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. Live in fear or do the right thing when fatigued? Tough choice if you are standing alone. I did it twice my time over there. It was like I was asking for the moon or something. And that was BEFORE the guy with the perfect fake teeth.

2 years to make things right? 2N Kenn has been around since day 1. Ok he wasn't CEO but he was on the board the whole time. Moral problems and low pay can only fall on one side and that is management. What has been the real cost to the company and the employees? BTW ask the office people when the last time they got a raise.

Latest resources

Back