Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some help from Pinnacle JFK 200 capts/fos?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

joemccfly

I'm an XJ 900 capt in DTW, trying to determine if I'd be better off bidding for JFK 200. I'd bid around 5,6, or 7, and would like to know how the schedules have been out there. I know this is still a tumultuous time, but I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut, just like all of you. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry for the thread drift here, but some type of vacancy has to come out this week, doesn't it? Every station for the Saabs out of MSP say they are shutting down in September. I am not saying they are right though.

MEM is suppossed to be done as of September too. Heck they basically are done in August, only 3 or 4 cities served.

Based on the current quotas and staffing levels, were you to move to JFK 200 CA, you would create a DTW vacancy that could only be filled by a prior XJ and be taking a vacancy that a 9E person could have held but your seniority will override.

Something to think about for the 9E folks - XJ jet captains bidding down to 200s. No bueno for you.

The situation is what it is. Eventually, it will be "bueno" for 9E pilots.

Yes, it is nice to have a choice, DTWFO. If you stick around long enough, you'll have a choice, too.

Hey Joe, if I was you, I would just sit tight for another few months. I'm pretty sure there is going to be some 900's headed out to JFK in the near future.

The situation is what it is. Eventually, it will be "bueno" for 9E pilots.

Yes, it is nice to have a choice, DTWFO. If you stick around long enough, you'll have a choice, too.

I hate to be a downer, but it's not going to be "bueno" for anyone at 9E until the 5 years are up. I've been here 9 years and I don't really care what happens after the 5 years. I'm more concerned about being constantly bumped down as SAAB Captains bid for the 200 until I can finally exit this mess.

Latest resources

Back