• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Smoking Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
60 driver you got a zippo I like the fuel taste in my 1st drag. I'll keep smoking'em if you can help me light 'em. And hey I'm helping out the Economy what with my doctor appointments, meds, specialized foods, & holistic hopeless cures.
So if I can help out the guys lower than me on the Senority list (I am at the bottom) I should be applauded Not Breated. Where'd I put that GD Bong?

Jobear

I don't smoke around anyone...

so have a nice cup of STFU! BTW I never smoked until I joined the military, I blame them wholehardedly. In Desert Storm, all we had in the sandbox was cheap smokes. No chicks, no booze and we stank most of the time, so smoking was the only outlet for nearly 5 months. After all that crap, I swore I would do as I pleased after sooo much depravation. Got back to the world, took a real shower, saw some chicks that could be easily identified as such, but couldn't quit smoking... or drinking. My herwas, and is, Frank Sinatra and I really like his outlook on life. Smoking and drinking are special events and if you don't like me doin' it, bite me, ya smarmy little tofu eating, beet juice drinking, socially responsable wanker. As Frank used to say ".......Gilly, bring us a few wet ones over here, and let those broads in here....Heya Dollface, sit on Uncle Frankies lap and tell me what ya want for Christmas....How about another round here!" He lived until 90......died with a grin.....Come fly with me, come fly, lets fly away.....Swing it baby!!!!!

Re: I don't smoke around anyone...

ChinaClipper said:
ya smarmy little tofu eating, beet juice drinking, socially responsable wanker.

LOL... somehow i feel uptight anal retentive jamokes will free up the senority list alot sooner than anyone that smokes... lighten up folks before you have a stroke.... if somking pilots gets you people this uptight to actually post a thread about it... i wonder how you react when there is a REAL problem.... or if you get a whif of Deisel exhaust.... lol :)

Last edited:
Re: trainerjet

N813CA said:
trainerjet

I know of a pilot at Horizon airlines. He just stopped smoking before he got hired and once he got hired he now smokes. So I don't think your perfect little world is so perfect.

I could care less one way or the other. Just pointing out my company's policy.

BTW, it's those who think that they have somehow "beat the system" that are usually so surprised when the rug gets suddenly and inevitably jerked out from under them.

You stinky bastards can smoke all you want, just don't do it in the non-smoking rooms of the hotel. I can tell the second I walk into a room whether some asswipe has been smoking in it, and I can't exactly call them out on it, since they're no longer there. You can't be bothered to haul your lazy ass out of bed to smoke? Real simple - get a smoking room.

Besides, even smokers (as severely olfactory-challenged as they are) can't stand the smell of a dedicated "smoking" room. I've flown with several pilots who smoke that request non-smoking rooms for that reason.

Re: Re: trainerjet

trainerjet said:
BTW, it's those who think that they have somehow "beat the system" that are usually so surprised when the rug gets suddenly and inevitably jerked out from under them.

Get out!!! I've never heard of an Alaska pilot losing their job. I remember when I ramped for UAL during college, I knew I was close to baggage claim by the cloud of smoke coming out of Alaska Airlines 'nicotine free airline' ramp crew room! Maybe over the years they have clamped down a bit. Honestly the rug getting jerked...good one.....for popping a chew or having a puff.

Latest resources

Back