• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took Texas' advice... technically before he gave it but its great advice and it's a large part of why I've backed down off my wall.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize (before we go spouting how bad the union screwed us) the union was obligated to protect the transfers seniority position at Options every bit as much as the seniority position of the furloughs. And they have on both counts. Because of the contract. In a way it should make us all really grateful they did the unpopular thing because it was the right thing.

It also goes to the JH firing. Sure, most of us didn't like what he did but he shouldn't have been fired for it, let alone the way he was fired. The union isn't supporting $100 dinners, they are supporting our rights not to be arbitrarily fired for non-defined guidelines, especially without due process and certainly not in an email.

Just like how they handled the citation air deal so this sli thing plays out with the transfers. It's unpopular but ethically correct. As pilots protected by the CBA, whether they are MIGS or not they get the protections. It's what is ethical. However, because of the high emotions that naturally come into play, management can take advantage and change history making ethics look like a screw job. Let's not let them do it again.

Regarding the furloughees, I feel your pain but your problem should be with the management that operated so poorly you were required to be furloughed, not the union who protected your right to come back. Longevity should have been considered because this union is now covers Flex pilots too. They can't pick and choose you just because you have been a part of it longer. They are ethically required to serve both groups equally now. What they did in sli was fair, equitable and legally correct considering all these factors.

By the way, Ricci's plan, already laid out on the table and activated, was to staple Options to the bottom and ignore seniority anyway. Remember that. In light of this fact, every single pilot of this new onesky list is a winner.

I really wish the union would explain this better. Instead as usual it's radio silence. But the fact is the fact everyone is pissed (except the top 33) should have us realizing how badly we need a union and how grateful we should be to finally have it.

Reminder I got screwed in sli too. I'm not toting the union banner for any selfish purpose. This situation shows me how badly we need a union we can know in advance what they will because they have consistently chosen the ethical if even unpopular path.

Wow. They really do sound like a bunch of neanderthal thugs, don't they?

Don't bother reading my rather long post. Instead go to the vuh and read MG's long post.

Much better, backed up with links and better explanations.

How can you possibly be happy about this list?

Not sure how you derived happiness from that but ok! I'm not happy at all, I just think given the circumstances the SLI is fair for both sides as a whole, which is what we are now. However I do like that this will (should anyway) put an end to KR's special pilot program and put the transfers back in their proper places. Or they're more than welcome to stay and warm the bottom of the list.

So answer me this. These scumbags have had their seniority number protected that's all well and good. So does that mean they go to the plane they can hold? Or they gonna continue to sit in global and Gulfstreams? Cause if they are then again this is BS. They picked their seniority number when they went to FLEX. That's their number. You can't have two numbers. If that's the case I pick number 1 and 2. And I will let you know which one later on I want. These scumbags are getting their cake and eating it too. Their being rewarded for stepping on everyone else's head. It's WRONG!!!!! I feel this committee was in such a rush to get this list merged they really missed the target. A lot of people feel this way. I fear the final blow to the union didn't come from KR. It came from the unions own committee. Guess I better by a pair of knee pads and start sucking....G450 here I come

I will never forget the names of the pilots that got special treatment. There is no system flush, but when the plane goes away, their seat goes away.

From what I understand the transfers are being given two options: keep options seniority number and return to options, or keep current Flexjet seat and use lower Flexjet seniority number. If they stay at flex they keep their seat as there is no system flush and nobody can be kicked out of their seat. But if that seat disappears they will go to whatever their seniority allows them to hold.

So answer me this. These scumbags have had their seniority number protected that's all well and good. So does that mean they go to the plane they can hold? Or they gonna continue to sit in global and Gulfstreams? Cause if they are then again this is BS. They picked their seniority number when they went to FLEX. That's their number. You can't have two numbers. If that's the case I pick number 1 and 2. And I will let you know which one later on I want. These scumbags are getting their cake and eating it too. Their being rewarded for stepping on everyone else's head. It's WRONG!!!!! I feel this committee was in such a rush to get this list merged they really missed the target. A lot of people feel this way. I fear the final blow to the union didn't come from KR. It came from the unions own committee. Guess I better by a pair of knee pads and start sucking....G450 here I come

Since we all know who you are from when TWA outted you awhile back, you have nothing to gripe about. You lost less than twice your number and less than 2% overall. I'd say you pretty much broke even.

From what I understand the transfers are being given two options: keep options seniority number and return to options, or keep current Flexjet seat and use lower Flexjet seniority number. If they stay at flex they keep their seat as there is no system flush and nobody can be kicked out of their seat. But if that seat disappears they will go to whatever their seniority allows them to hold.

Right but this is why bypass pay is such an important issue.

If a low seniority guy is getting Gulfstream pay, then everyone above him gets it too.

In a strange way, one of these, transfers staying on the Gulfstream as a captain might just become our new hero.

Hey Texas. It's not about me and my seniority. Go back and read. I COULD CARE LESS WHERE I AM ON THE LIST. I was willing to accept anything I got. It's the special kids I have a problem with and the continued favoritism I actually thought with this new leadership it would stop. My fault for expecting any kind of fairness for all.

Hey Texas. It's not about me and my seniority. Go back and read. I COULD CARE LESS WHERE I AM ON THE LIST. I was willing to accept anything I got. It's the special kids I have a problem with and the continued favoritism I actually thought with this new leadership it would stop. My fault for expecting any kind of fairness for all.

You still don't get it. How are you so sure, since you haven't called your committee reps, that the transfers weren't dealt with to the best of their legal ability? And besides, if the transfers stay at Flexjet, they'll go below you and hopefully the new contract will boot them out of Gulfstreams and Globals. Again, I encourage you to call your committee reps.

Latest resources

Back