• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And all of the career expectations that your talking about, be careful what you wish for, your career expectations didnt include G-anything, Legacy-anything Cessna-anything and NXT-anything, the only real expectation for you is the Global , Lear and now that the companys are 1, the Aerion. Please keep in mind i'm not advocating anybody getting a raw deal, we have already had a raw deal in the past and it scuks, I don't care to see you guys go thru what the pilots of RTA and FLOPS had to go thru.

Phil went to Flex knowing he will be an First Officer. Little did he realize he wasn't captain material until he started training without someone holding his hand. His expectations can no longer include a 350 PIC based in Orlando. If Uncle didn't make sure he had special help, Phil wouldn't be qualified to hold any First Officer slot.

Phil went to Flex knowing he will be an First Officer. Little did he realize he wasn't captain material until he started training without someone holding his hand. His expectations can no longer include a 350 PIC based in Orlando. If Uncle didn't make sure he had special help, Phil wouldn't be qualified to hold any First Officer slot.

Bingo!

It's already been made clear percentage won't be fair and equitable. Sr Options I pic's have a few years over Flex, by what 5 years(?). Jr FO's at options have about maybe 5 yrs(?) over Flex FO's with less than a year. That's just longevity not including furlough time, on both sides.
My personal thought is 1 to 1 until you can get a doh to match. Yes there will be upgrades and there will be downgrades. I'm sure someone will find a flaw with this.
i hear career expectations has been going around. No one but myself knows what my career expectations are. Options wouldn't be in the position we are in if it wasn't for Sheringa breaking it up. While also considering Flex MAY no longer be in existence today if Kenn never bought them from Bombardier.

Last edited:
It's already been made clear percentage won't be fair and equitable. Sr Options I pic's have a few years over Flex, by what 5 years(?). Jr FO's at options have about maybe 5 yrs(?) over Flex FO's with less than a year. That's just longevity not including furlough time, on both sides.
My personal thought is 1 to 1 until you can get a doh to match. Yes there will be upgrades and there will be downgrades. I'm sure someone will find a flaw with this.
i hear career expectations has been going around. No one but myself knows what my career expectations are. Options wouldn't be in the position we are in if it wasn't for Sheringa breaking it up. While also considering Flex MAY no longer be in existence today if Kenn never bought them from Bombardier.

What's your point? There wouldn't be any upgrades much less the opportunity for those who were furloughed at Options to return if it weren't for Flex.

You're talking about downgrading 100+ captains and screwing 100 first officers at Flex by stapling them to the bottom because you feel you're entitled to our seats? DOH is only "fair" for Options... no, "fair" is the wrong term, it's more like an "opportunity" for Options pilots to advance at the expense of Flexjet pilots.

"Fair" would be for both pilot groups to look at what position they were in before the companies merged. Flexjet was profitable. There was talk and evidence of growth in the company well before the merger. We were getting new airplanes and Pilots were upgrading (slowly), another words there was growth and opportunity. You staple us like you want and opportunity is gone. Likewise if there was growth and opportunity at Options then you shouldn't lose that either. Percentage shares the opportunity fairly with both groups and everyone stays exactly where they were before the merge.

it's hard to remain civil because 8 to 10 year captains at Flexjet are in danger of losing their seats and FOs will never have a chance to upgrade. Those in favor of DOH are nothing but opportunist who are willing to staple their so-called fellow pilots.

Last edited:
Don't let them get to you el. KR has told us many times in the past that we all had opportunities for advancement either thru expansion or acquisition. Remember the CitationAir deal? Take the planes and lay off their pilots? We didn't fall for it then, and we aren't falling for it now.

What's your point? There wouldn't be any upgrades much less the opportunity for those who were furloughed at Options to return if it weren't for Flex.

You're talking about downgrading 100+ captains and screwing 100 first officers at Flex by stapling them to the bottom because you feel you're entitled to our seats? DOH is only "fair" for Options... no, "fair" is the wrong term, it's more like an "opportunity" for Options pilots to advance at the expense of Flexjet pilots.

"Fair" would be for both pilot groups to look at what position they were in before the companies merged. Flexjet was profitable. There was talk and evidence of growth in the company well before the merger. We were getting new airplanes and Pilots were upgrading (slowly), another words there was growth and opportunity. You staple us like you want and opportunity is gone. Likewise if there was growth and opportunity at Options then you shouldn't lose that either. Percentage shares the opportunity fairly with both groups and everyone stays exactly where they were before the merge.

it's hard to remain civil because 8 to 10 year captains at Flexjet are in danger of losing their seats and FOs will never have a chance to upgrade. Those in favor of DOH are nothing but opportunist who are willing to staple their so-called fellow pilots.

Captain positions are protected by law and it's also reiterated in the Flight Options contract: "...there shall be no system flush."

Captain positions are protected by law and it's also reiterated in the Flight Options contract: "...there shall be no system flush."

For how long? What happens when they do away with the Lear fleet? When these pilots are displaced they will go to the airplanes their seniority holds. No System flush is only beneficial in a growing fleet.

Last edited:
Downsizing, company financial struggles, etc, arent part of our integration process. The law states that there will be no system flush and that your seat is protected unless the Company can prove a financial distress or if there is downsizing taking place. Neither is happening under DAC. Quite the opposite.

Latest resources

Back